warming up cold pizza?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throw it in the microwave and use the built-in grill to crisp it up. There's a specific program for reheating pizza. Simples

Start in a cold oven, put it at 150 or 180c and give it 5-10 minutes.

A pizza near me is like $40 :mad: no way it costs forty bucks to heat a few slices for 5 minutes.
where do you live? On the moon? $40 is crazy. Is that $15 for the pizza and $25 for delivery and tip, service charge etc etc

Thats a lot of energy just to heat up a couple of slices. Cheaper to buy a new pizza?
It's honestly not that bad energy wise if you're not using a 90 cm stove oven.
And I'd rather buy new pizza than eat microwaved soggy crap. At least when you use the oven the result is quite good.

where do you live? On the moon?

I'm from Seattle, although temporarily in southern Oregon. A large from Pagliacci (local favorite) is like $36 plus tax. Seattle might as well be the moon.

[Edit to add proof of the cold hard reality:]
1715016965626.png

It's honestly not that bad energy wise if you're not using a 90 cm stove oven.
And I'd rather buy new pizza than eat microwaved soggy crap. At least when you use the oven the result is quite good.
No one is arguing or saying they only microwave it. Convection heat feature makes all the difference.

Never the microwave. Microwaves toughen crusts, and leave the top of the crust soggy. I use a 400 degree oven, but if I had one of those modern countertop toaster-ovens-with-fan, I'd use that.

I'm from Seattle, although temporarily in southern Oregon. A large from Pagliacci (local favorite) is like $36 plus tax. Seattle might as well be the moon.

View attachment 319765
Thats nothing. Think about the poor New Yorkers and their $2000 pizza's. If I was reheating that I'd probably fire up the big boi.
images

Place the pizza in the pan, add a teaspoon of water to the pan, making sure it doesn't touch the pizza. Cover and cook for 1 to 3 minutes.

First thing is that it should be stored room temperature or frozen, because refrigeration accelerates staling. For a slice or two: hot griddle then finish under the broiler.

View attachment 319765

lol. my friend was showing me the pizza hut menu in england like 10 years ago. shi t was like 35usd equiv back then...

No one is arguing or saying they only microwave it. Convection heat feature makes all the difference.
So you're saying don't 'oven is a waste of energy' ... 'use convection heat'... what do you think convection heat is?

FWIW if you really care about energy expenditure, beyond simply eating it cold (which is quite okay actually)... best would probably be to just fry it on both sides in a non-stick frying pan. Actually works half-decent to heat frozen pizzas without any oven at all (for example when you're on a campsite).

FWIW if you really care about energy expenditure, beyond simply eating it cold (which is quite okay actually)... best would probably be to just fry it on both sides in a non-stick frying pan. Actually works half-decent to heat frozen pizzas without any oven at all (for example when you're on a campsite).
I use one of these when camping. Works great. Like a mini oven
RIDGEMONKEY Classic Sandwich Toaster XL Granite Edition | CamperVantastic  Camper Van and Accessories Online Shop

1tbsp lard or olive oil
in cast iron or carbon steel pan
fry slice, constantly moving, until
bottom is browned
let stand on wire rack to crisp
or simply tilted at side of pan

Latest posts

Back