Stefan's Stefan's Handle Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Shiggy. I love it! Now if we could get a Yoda one...........:doublethumbsup:

Shigefusa nakiri with (something different from Stefan) a modified D-Shaped handle....

P1010001.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

A handle I was not 100% happy with, because by the time I was done, it was a little smaller than I set out to make it. But the owner and Dave think it is fine, so here it is. These tangs on the shigefusas are ridiculously huge. Wood is polyanna / wild almond burl, mammoth ivory spacer and blackwood ferrule.

Stefan

sorry for hijacking

These tangs on the shigefusas are ridiculously huge.
Painfully huge. Tang on any Shig guyto has enough metal for a small petty. Damn, even on 150mm Shig petty tang has enough metal for another small petty.
Why do they do it like this? For weight balance?

I may heat and pound down (thin) the next Shigefusa tang I have to do. They are stupid huge.

This last handle haunted me in my sleep for some time... I hope the new owner will like it. Thanks for the assembly and the pictures, Dave!

Stefan

Argh! So many nice combos! I've been trying to decide on handles a long time and it just keeps changing, getting close though....

Really, really like the Shig nakiri & kiritsuke tipped gyuto. The handles on both of the above mentioned are absolutely stunning! :thumbup: :)

Argh! So many nice combos! I've been trying to decide on handles a long time and it just keeps changing, getting close though....

I had a hard time with it too. I just showed pictures of what I liked and let the master take the wheel.

Looks good to me, I would use that, thanks Dave. The good thing about you taking some time is that by the time you are done I have forgotten all about the handle and get a surprise :)

Stefan

Another top shelf Stefan handle here......African Blackwood, with a streaked buffalo horn ferrule, a vintage red bakelite spacer, with a mammoth tooth end cap!!! :doublethumbsup:

craziest looking handle ive ever seen, and I mean that in a good way ;)

Back OFF it's MINE!!! Maybe you could see it in person one day though...

Loving the red bakelite and mammoth tooth on that one, ThEoRy. Really made me miss my Konosuke with red bakelite that had been banished to the drawer (don't worry - it had a saya on it). Fortunately I just sold off the Hiro Shiro I had in order to use my Konosuke more ...

Here's a really nice one - bakelite, redwood, and copper - installed on a 270mm Watanabe sujihiki embellished with a phoenix engraving. The handle looks pretty good in the pictures but trust me it's like 10x better in real life. Stefan used premium components on this one and paired with his level of F&F, well, it's just great. :doublethumbsup:

P1010005.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010010.JPG

Thanks Dave, great-looking knife if I may say so... This handle came out a bit more tone-in-tone than I expected, but I always liked the subtle elegance of it. Looks like a good match for the knife.

Stefan

Subtle elegance -- well said, a real beauty!

Wow. That's outstanding!!. I wish I can have that. Is that for sale?

Stefan, I have been trying to email you through your website but any email address I have found via link won't work for some reason. Is there anyway to email you about getting handles?

Thanks!
Timothy

Stefan, I have been trying to email you through your website but any email address I have found via link won't work for some reason. Is there anyway to email you about getting handles?

Thanks!
Timothy

PM sent. Sorry about the email issues with the website, have to look into that.

Stefan

Back