Espresso nerds in the house?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the learning curve begins, not fancy, but I think it will work for me
View attachment 319594
you should be set, the only potential thing to check out is to see if that portafilter is pressurized or not...(I'm not familiar with that Delonghi machine)

(pressurization is using a trick added to a portafilter to allow for poor grinders and/or stale coffee, but if you have those two points covered the pressurization disc is a handicap)

Even when I'm having an affogato, I don't want my espresso chilled.

Speaking of affogato, anyone have a favorite ice cream for the job? I know about the Hoffman vid, but I'm not making my own. 🤣 My favorite, so far, is Tillamook Vanilla Bean.

my setup but it has changed slightly.

View attachment 319326

if i have time on the weekends, i roast. but it's even harder to find green beans..

View attachment 319327
Amazing set up! Folks often joke about endgame but honestly that Weber and the La Marzocco is pretty much it as long as you don’t want to do all the technical stuff that something like the Decent Espresso can do.

Opened up a new bag - super light roast bourbon. Not only is the roast light but the flow rate is high too. first time I’ve ever had to really work hard with my hand grinder.

super light means super hard, and that you need to grind super fine, and extract super hot...
If it's just a few days post roast it will need to rest some more, the lighter the longer...up to a week.

You'll know it is getting in the zone when the flow rate is getting lower.

super light means super hard, and that you need to grind super fine, and extract super hot...
If it's just a few days post roast it will need to rest some more, the lighter the longer...up to a week.

You'll know it is getting in the zone when the flow rate is getting lower.
This one got vac sealed at 12 days off roast and has been in my freezer for at least two months since. Was just new for me to have to really work at grinder with my hand grinder, really the crank spins quite freely. Its. Definitely a combination of how fine I have to go with how hard the beans are. In the plus side it’s a terrifically bright, sweet, and tropical cup!

There's a "Damn Courier!" thread about knives being delayed during shipping, but I'm going through that right now with some beans. I ran out of beans early in the week, but didn't pick up any locally because the beans that I'd ordered hit St Paul - 10 miles away, at best - on Tuesday... but then they ****ing sat there. They're finally out for delivery, supposedly any time within the next 90 min or so, but I'm in desperate need... If I have to drink another cup from the carbonized ****ing beans that my wife likes, I'mma flip out. 😤

Back