Charity Tombola to win a knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayS20

Reaction score
Hey,
some knife makers from German speaking countries came together for a good cause and each one involved made a kitchen knife pretty close in specs, around 220mm. All in all it's 20 knife makers including household name likes @KAMON Knives, @martinhuber, Tobias Hangler... But all are pretty interesting makers worth checking out. You can buy tickets to win one of these knives. All the money made will go to Kinderlachen e.V. which is a well-known charity which takes care of sick children and children in need, mostly in Germany but also Austria and Switzerland. Each ticket is 10€ and you can buy as many as you want.
Link for the tickets
Blades for a good cause IG
Makers involved:
Martin Huber
Benjamin Kamon
Tobias Hangler
Chris Wild
Sid Knives
Messerschmiede Nöding
Oel Knives
Spira Knives
Hopwood Goods
Tsak
Shir Knives
Johbe Knives
Derrick Wulf
Forgeworks
Solid Grind
Alb Knives
Kalderum
Messermanufaktur
Salzburger Messerschmiede
Knifematerial.at

My Craporolo phone doesn't translate for me. I can't figure out how to buy tickets 😧😞😭

Or read anything about how it works..

Do we have to buy tickets for a specific knife, or is it just a random draw from a pool... Draw 20 tickets to give away 20 knives ...kind of thing?

There's not an option for US.. just US Minor Outlying Islands...

Screenshot_20240511-191137.png

Last edited:
Do we have to buy tickets for a specific knife, or is it just a random draw from a pool... Draw 20 tickets to give away 20 knives ...kind of thing?
You just buy tickets and if you are lucky you are getting picked for one specific knife of the 20 available, so you can't choose which one you like best should you win one.

You scroll down and then you have a number, starting at 1 with how many tickets you wanna buy. Next to it "in den Warenkorb" means adding to shopping cart. Then it will jump up and you click the shopping cart and go Kasse, checkout. Then you have to fill in Name, last name. Skip next. Country: Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika (USA), then street and number, then if more specific is needed appartement. Then city, state, post code, telephone, email. Then choice of payment. Click box for accepting terms and then Zahlungspflichtig bestellen, for officially buying the tickets.

Thank you!! I would have never found that!

I got to the checkout, but wasn't sure what some of the fields were asking for.

I got to the site through Ben Kamons email, then came here to ask for help.

Emailed Ben too, he promptly replied and his suggestions promoted me to install an add-on to translate the page.

I managed to buy 5 tickets!!

Thanks for the help!!

I have crap luck but it's for a good cause! I know how bad off some kids are here in the US, and imagine it's probably worse in other countries. The child trafficking situation from Crimea years back that I read about is heart breaking, to say the least. There are some seriously f'd up people out there!

Tried to buy some tickets but the link shows up error. I guess it is done. Good luck on all who managed to buy some…

"Page you are looking for does not exist or no longer exists"..

Yes, that's disheartening.. you'd think they'd at least put " Winners will be announced soon" rather than just take the page down.

Would be nice to know how much they raised/# of tickets sold, etc.

Hopefully soon... Nothing in my email so I suspect I didn't win a knife.. but hopefully the kids are winners!

I don't know how charities work in Germany, but in the US, only 10% has to go to the benefactor in order to be classified as a charity.

Lots of people making big money with very little going to the actual benefactor!

I don't usually donate to charities because of that. I'd rather hand a restaurant/grocery store gift card to a homeless vet in the street.. at least I know they got 100% of my donation!

Back