Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite part of a salmon is by far the collar. I grilled some last night. Rich, oily, hyper-flavored, unctuous meat. (And zero bones for the most part)

IMG_1836.jpeg

Why exactly would you take the risk? People die every year from eating the wrong mushrooms. 🤷‍♂️
Most mushroom deaths are related to Aminita sp
Specifically phylloides and ocreata
There are edible and prized Aminita - coccora thus some confusion can occur with them
These are both whitish with “clubbed” feet as the “erupt” from a egg like structure
Gyromitra can be eaten if prepared properly
Just like native Americans ate acorn that have toxic tannic acid
I stick to oyster, chanterelles and boletes
Foraging can be done safely with come precautions

I was cooking for 3 when Janice friend here. Now just me they are on EU trip. Panang curry lasted me 4 days. Ate out Mexican after. Today more cleaning out refrigerator. Shrimp broccoli & eggplant. I
cut up broccoli stems cook with ginger, garlic onions, eggplant next. Broccoli crowns shrimp last.

Eating big salad almost every day. Walked to Chinatown couple days ago got a bottle of 3 crabs fishsauce. My redboat ran out. Still like the Megachef oyster sauce the best. This will only last tomorrow. I've been eating so much, gained a couple pounds.
20240504_133910.jpg
20240504_140901.jpg
20240504_153207.jpg

20240504_161931.jpg

Few recents, don’t think I’ve posted any of these yet

Crispy sesame tofu and broccoli
IMG_3655.jpeg

Satay style grilled chicken and pineapple with a bok choy stir fry. Finally figured out a good peanut sauce with this one.
IMG_3619.jpeg

Sweet&sour tofu with Chinese style green squash
IMG_3214.jpeg

Mushroom Marsala
IMG_3154.jpeg

Salmon, asparagus, potato, and creamed leeks
IMG_3121.jpeg

Back