Wall Mount Safety

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a carbide-tipped bit, but that wasn’t enough. The centre punch is a fine idea — wish I had thought of that. If and when I decide to realign, I’ll use one.
Also a pilot hole helps, we have a habit of just going at it with one drill bit.

Mag-Bloks from Benchcrafted,

The Mother. I think I'm up to six. Two in the camper stay loaded with a minimal kit, 2 gyuto, petty, suji (of course) and a parer. Held on with couple small screws and double sided tape. Recently had an accident that totaled the camper. Knives were a bit skewed but still on the racks, racks were still on the wall. (Unlike most of the rest of camper).

Getting knives on/off the block requires some finesse. On - Hold spine facing block, perp to block. Touch spine to block then rotate knife onto the block. Reverse to remove. Off - do it in reverse. This will minimize the pull on the block, good for the block, good for the blade.

The Mother. I think I'm up to six. Two in the camper stay loaded with a minimal kit, 2 gyuto, petty, suji (of course) and a parer. Held on with couple small screws and double sided tape. Recently had an accident that totaled the camper. Knives were a bit skewed but still on the racks, racks were still on the wall. (Unlike most of the rest of camper).

Getting knives on/off the block requires some finesse. On - Hold spine facing block, perp to block. Touch spine to block then rotate knife onto the block. Reverse to remove. Off - do it in reverse. This will minimize the pull on the block, good for the block, good for the blade.

I have more of a Hattori Hanzo approach.

Wow. Glad you’re OK!

Back