Trying different knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vasil

Reaction score
Hi all, new here. After straight razors, stones and learning sharpening/thinning eu knives I would like to try different steel types Japanese knives. Already have some knives and have some experience. Very glad I discovered this forum and found a lot of info. I was also wondering were all the already used or buyed but not used knives and stones can be buyed traded/sold. I live in Belgium, but my father lives in the US and next month will be back in EU and kan bring me some buys 🥳. Will be also happy to share some personal experience with different knives/stones.

Thanks!
Dank u wel!
Just broke very small part and bend a tip with one drop 🫢. Broken part is really no problem already fix another ones but I am not good in straightening😏

Attachments

• tempImager1LXAH.png
    tempImager1LXAH.png
    841.1 KB · Views: 0
As far as I know, you have no other choice than abrading all of the bend, and re-establish a tip by working from the spine.

As far as I know, you have no other choice than abrading all of the bend, and re-establish a tip by working from the spine.
Probably that would be the way to go.. anyway I will try first to bend it a little first hoping it will not brake as I already thinned it little extra there.

Back