TF Chronicles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do marketing for a living. I could have some exact replicas made. Might be expensive for a single. Anyone interested if I made more??
Not Sure If Serious GIF - Not Sure If Serious - Discover ...

I read that someone asked TF for a handle sticker and it was a hard no. I'm refurbishing an old Mab gyuto and would like to replace sticker if possible. I hate "tags" on things, but the TF handle one just seems proper. Any ideas or thoughts?

Side note, does anyone know what that sticker says?
That was me. I asked multiple times in different ways and always got a no. And this wasn’t a request for just the sticker, it was in conjunction with buying a knife. I told them I was going to replace the handle so could they leave the stock loose and send a second sticker or leave the one sticker off the stock handle. No all around.

I’m typically not a fan of tags and logos. I despise the laser engraved logos on every gun part these days, never understood the stickers on hat brims etc. Something about the TF handle sticker just seems so ubiquitous to me. You can instantly see a TF in a pile of knives just from it. As I said earlier, I am refurbishing an old TF I acquired recently and would like to refresh the sticker too. Same any hobbyists would prefer original parts to reproductions when restoring something. Heck, I’d buy a TF box for it since I don’t have one. It makes me happy to have everything in its place. I get knives are tools, they are for me too and I use all of mine. That said, I bet 95% of knives owned by members here sit in collections unused, maybe rotated in and out of use sometimes. Kinda seems odd to lambast another member for something like this. 🤷‍♂️

I’m typically not a fan of tags and logos. I despise the laser engraved logos on every gun part these days, never understood the stickers on hat brims etc. Something about the TF handle sticker just seems so ubiquitous to me. You can instantly see a TF in a pile of knives just from it. As I said earlier, I am refurbishing an old TF I acquired recently and would like to refresh the sticker too. Same any hobbyists would prefer original parts to reproductions when restoring something. Heck, I’d buy a TF box for it since I don’t have one. It makes me happy to have everything in its place. I get knives are tools, they are for me too and I use all of mine. That said, I bet 95% of knives owned by members here sit in collections unused, maybe rotated in and out of use sometimes. Kinda seems odd to lambast another member for something like this. 🤷‍♂️
Good luck with all that.

Most of us remove the stickers I think, so why not ask the forum members to carefully remove a sticker for you the next time someone gets a new TF? Should only cost you a stamp.

Derailing the sticker talk a bit.. but wouldn’t right now be the best time to order a TF direct given the Yen is the lowest value towards the USD it’s been in over 30 years?

Or have they been adjusting their prices?

Derailing the sticker talk a bit.. but wouldn’t right now be the best time to order a TF direct given the Yen is the lowest value towards the USD it’s been in over 30 years?

If you’re looking for a bargain Isamitsu is hard to beat. Wouldn’t mind comparing which maker has quicker wait times. I’ll pay a little more to get a knife soonish over 5-10 months

If you’re looking for a bargain Isamitsu is hard to beat. Wouldn’t mind comparing which maker has quicker wait times. I’ll pay a little more to get a knife soonish over 5-10 months
I actually have a funky isamitsu coming from the Protooling sale (the hakata-ish kiritsuke) so that’s probably out of the question. Only thing that would change my mind would be to get another isamitsu with the pentagonal handle, really want to see how that feels. So if anyone was willing to part with said handle I’d very much be interested👀

No, the online price is in Yen and the US$ price fluctuates depending on the exchange rate.
TF doesn't use any imported materials, so the drop in the Yen shouldn't have a material impact on his costs of goods.

That was me. I asked multiple times in different ways and always got a no. And this wasn’t a request for just the sticker, it was in conjunction with buying a knife. I told them I was going to replace the handle so could they leave the stock loose and send a second sticker or leave the one sticker off the stock handle. No all around.
Unless your are TF, you cannot not be a TF. It’s like if you chop up a shig and totally regrind it inspired by Toyama. It’s no longer a shig.

I love my TFs, but I dont understand why anyone would want to keep the sticker on there. It's like those people with the baseball caps that still have that goofy sticker on it. These are kitchen knives, not beanie babies.

I love my TFs, but I dont understand why anyone would want to keep the sticker on there. It's like those people with the baseball caps that still have that goofy sticker on it.
I worked in China in the early 90s.
Most businessmen would leave the designer label on their suit sleeves...
label-on-suit-sleeve.jpg

Back