Suggestion - TF eu passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick the option that you prefer

• Total voters

Carl Kotte

Reaction score
Dear EU members,
Here’s an idea. We could make this TF mab 180 a passaround for all of those who want to try things out for yourselves.
In order for me to get some of my money back I suggest all participants paypal me a sum to participate. There are three options for those interested. Higher fee, less participants; lower fee, more participants. When the pa is over, there will be a raffle where one of the participants gets the knife.
I emphasize, this is just a suggestion. Rules can be formulated once (or if) there’s any interest. Let me know What you think!

Edit: Mr mathematics strikes again. The second option should be 15x21,3333333333333€ or so. Didn’t manage to edit. Sorry for the clumsiness
All best!
C

Last edited:
but hey. this tf isn't wabi sabi anymore. so will it really be a typical tf knife?

If you send it as "returning to owner" or "loan" it probably won't get flagged, as long as it's not passing through Denmark for whatever reason.

I will not be participating for obvious reasons, but I'm anxious to see what other people think.

#wabisabiLIIIIFFFFFFFE

This type of passaround is unfair to the last few people on the list, because by the time it gets to them, there won't be any repairs left for them to do - much less exciting. (This phenomenon also means the first few on the list should probably be paid more than the rest.) :)

This type of passaround is unfair to the last few people on the list, because by the time it gets to them, there won't be any repairs left for them to do - much less exciting. (This phenomenon also means the first few on the list should probably be paid more than the rest.) :)
Hmmm, not come first serve first. Moreover, don’t be so ironic about it. It’s supposed to be a fun opportunity for people to try the knife out. It’s not even settled that it will happen, yet. We’ll have to see.

I wouldn't bet on that. Sometimes it can be the opposite, not all want to fix or thin the knife, they just use it and test it on the stones and send axe to next person 😍

Thinning is a possibility. Especially when the knife loses 3mm in height.

In both senses! No idea how HMRC deal with stuff from the EU, but when it has to re-enter count with VAT, import tax and handling fees.

Good point, I didn't think of VAT getting it back into europe as well. May be more trouble than it's worth. I'll be in France hopefully later in the year during the summer so maybe if possible just be towards the end of the list if the pass around ends up happening.

Back