• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded Smedja Aspen Workhorse 240mm $325

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking to tentatively sell this awesome workhorse. Getting serious hints to thin the herd....

I am letting this one go to BST as it seems there is a slight deadzone / saturation in the 500-1,000 range... might hold onto to do a stone polish and gift to a friend this san mai thicc boi would probably look crazy good with a stone polish....

This one was my first western maker and a true workhorse. Steller f&f and food release for the price, this knife has fended off temptation for a toyama / wakui for close to a year! The KU/Forgemarks provide great texture and protection for the knife. This is a fast prep knife as its not too tall, has decent weight, and great food release it lets you blast through prep and keep the food more or less on the board.

Lightly used (home cook with too many knives so honestly none of my stuff gets heavy use) and edge livened with a ouka it never went though a full progression.

Specs are:

Price - $325 CONUS only fee's and shipping included.
Source - https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/11-knives-western-makers-galore.66261/
Height - 54mm
Length - 240mm
Spine - 5m out of handle
Weight - 252g
Steel - Spicy White with mild steel cladding
Handle - Swedish elm (this is seriously nice)

Full pics attached.

IMG_0726.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    914 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 0