Paw patrol. Assemble!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be some random error. Or it could just be me. Im new to the forum 😅
Just confused me at first. No problem I am new here too. Glad we are interested in the same types of knives. I found this thread because I was searching for more on Jonas knives. I really like what a lot of the Swedish makers are putting out, but Jonas is on the top of my list.

Just confused me at first. No problem I am new here too. Glad we are interested in the same types of knives. I found this thread because I was searching for more on Jonas knives. I really like what a lot of the Swedish makers are putting out, but Jonas is on the top of my list.
I agree. Sweden is doing great in the knife bussines right now. And Jonas is one of my favorite makers out there. Together with yanick

Nice surprise arrived today from Jonas
210 Gyuto
Inhouse forged sanmai construction.
52100 core heattreated to 63-64hrc.
Mild steel cladding.
Etched finish.
Measurements:
Blade length 213mm
Height at heel 52mm
Thickness of spine
3,3mm out of handle
~1,9mm at middle
~1,0mm at approx. 2cm from the tip
Weight 165 gram

Handle is made of burned Oak.
Jonasgyuto2.jpeg
Jonasgyuto3.jpeg
Jonasgyuto4.jpeg
jonasgyuto5.jpeg
Jonasgyuto6.jpeg
Jonasgyuto7.jpeg

Nice surprise arrived today from Jonas
210 Gyuto
Inhouse forged sanmai construction.
52100 core heattreated to 63-64hrc.
Mild steel cladding.
Etched finish.
Measurements:
Blade length 213mm
Height at heel 52mm
Thickness of spine
3,3mm out of handle
~1,9mm at middle
~1,0mm at approx. 2cm from the tip
Weight 165 gram

Handle is made of burned Oak.
View attachment 214292View attachment 214293View attachment 214294View attachment 214295View attachment 214296View attachment 214297
Looking real good. And I bet that 64hrc in 52100 will cut like a dream

I am waiting for my Birch and Bevel Wrought Iron San Mai right now, made by Jonas!
But after this, maybe i will get something more :D
Man. I was super close to order one aswell. They look super good.

Enjoy!

You can try to DIY one from scratch or get these pre-made "blanks".
Don´t know how to process them but that should be easy to look up.
birch bark blanks for knife handles
I bought the finished version from Dictum, not as cool looking as Jonas´ handle though and completely round.
birch bark knife handle
Not sure you could do it with the current knife. I would think you would need a tang that is longer to be able to peen it on the end cap. Don't know enough about all that though.

How do I use this? I mean do you modifie the tangs of your blades to match this one. And then use this to burn in the handle?
I just fire it up until orange and burn in: the firestick is an orangu-tang. I don’t modify any tangs though. I hate fit&finish: things have to be a little wonky, loose and full of imperfections.

I just fire it up until orange and burn in: the firestick is an orangu-tang. I don’t modify any tangs though. I hate fit&finish: things have to be a little wonky, loose and full of imperfections.
Fullkomligt ofullkomlig

Pärlor före svin

Back