• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Nakagawa x Myojin Aogami #1 Kurozome Damascus Gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another catch and release. I did use the knife for some test cuts so it is no longer BNIB.

Based on previous owner's measurements:

Height at heel :50mm
Edge lenght: 231.7
Weight: 242gr

Blade thickness

Handle: 3.5mm
Heel: 3.3mm
Mid: 3mm
Near tip: 0.3

https://staysharpmtl.com/en/product...ogami-1-kurozome-suminagshi-gyuto-240mm-ebene

This knife really has the performance of Myojin's grind as expected. The spine is a bit thicker (which I think is a good thing), but BTE is very thin. It cuts very very well without being flimsy. Not only the spine provides more stiffness and comfort, the knife also feels more substantial. If you like the Sakai laser cutting perform with some more weight and authority, this is the knife for you. The handle is larger than average (the last picture below is meant to give you an idea about the size of the handle compared to typical handles used for Sakai knives) and feels quite comfortable in my hand (my latex glove size is L). Beautiful knife and sold out everywhere.

Asking $550, G&S fee and CONUS shipping included. Will cover the first $20 for outside of CONUS.

Last edited:
IMG_1008.png
IMG_1009.png
IMG_1010.png
IMG_1011.png
IMG_1012.png
IMG_1013.png
IMG_1014.png
IMG_1015.png
IMG_1016.png

Last edited:
Back