mattrud's knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00563.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

some randoms, including the one knife I will never sell

Which is the one you will never sell and why? I always like those stories.

bottom one, originally a 240mm tojiro suji, I have had it since I started cooking it has been in every kitchen I have ever been in.

bottom one, originally a 240mm tojiro suji, I have had it since I started cooking it has been in every kitchen I have ever been in.

That's cool! At this rate, it will be a paring knife before you retire.

That's quite a collection, Matt! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

I don't usually gush over Kramers, but yours is pretty ridiculous (everything from the profile to the materials).

Bravo Matt.

Thanks for sharing these. It's quite an impressive swag.

that one is a gil cote fillet knife. its a fun one and very comfortable to use.

more photos to come...

I'm looking for a good boning knife. Is the price on these reasonable? I visited his website and alot of the models are sold out, while he doesn't give quotes on the others...

Also, huge fan of your collection. Not sure if you saw it mentioned, but the Lucky Peach back cover of your knives hangs in my living room...

fantastic set of knives mattrud! how long have you been "collecting"?

additionally Mattrud, what would you value your collection at? Sorry if this is overstepping bounds, but I showed the Lucky Peach pic to some friends last night, and said the knives were probably worth more than 20k. Awesome set.

@ Gravy power- Email Gil, He will take care of whatever you need. His fillet knives are flexible and not really good for boning meats, but very good on fish. And despite what one may think with the handle it is actually quite comfortable and functional.
[email protected]

Value- I have no idea (ok yea I do), but that really means nothing to me. My most prized knife (outside of the kramer), is a tojrio 24cm slicer. I would never sell that thing.

@Shankster- I have been amassing knives for a while. My watanabe's are from around 2004. probably started my Tojiro and hanging out in Dave's van around that time.

By the way, look out for the next issue of Lucky Peach- More knife stuff to come

By the way, look out for the next issue of Lucky Peach- More knife stuff to come

:EDance2:

Awesome. This is exactly why I got a subscription to Lucky Peach. Every issue has had great stuff in it.

You're bringing your set to the ecg, right?

additionally Mattrud, what would you value your collection at? Sorry if this is overstepping bounds, but I showed the Lucky Peach pic to some friends last night, and said the knives were probably worth more than 20k. Awesome set.

Really hard to put a price on many of these, for example the Fish handled knives for many people here are priceless.

In my experiance the most expensive knives are seldom the most valuable.

Lucky for me there's no commandment saying "Thou shalt not covet thy fellow forum member's knives." I'd be in a heap o' trouble!:fanning:

You're bringing your set to the ecg, right?

I will be bringing them, plus Dave has a couple of mine getting tune ups so he may be bring those as well. And Marko might have something for me too. All very exciting.

Back