Hot Sauces

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like i said, i'll give you up to (taking a line out of tabasco's playbook) juan hunnit.
and yes, i'd actually use it.

like i said, i'll give you up to (taking a line out of tabasco's playbook) juan hunnit.
and yes, i'd actually use it.
These days I’m into Maria, Melinda’s, El Yucateco—but sometimes Tabasco just hits the spot, a familiar taste I was raised on, pretty much the only hot sauce available back then.

This is probably fairly pedestrian for a lot of you but I've been enjoying this a lot:

20240503_075929.jpg

D.L. Jardine's "Texas Champagne"
Our special pepper seasoning sauce is so pleasing, we call it Texas Champagne. Pour it on! As a spicy seasoning to soups, sauces, cocktails, eggs, meats, seafood, potatoes and many other foods, Texas Champagne brand Cayenne Pepper Sauce simply has no equal. Now salt and pepper have a new spicy companion on your table at mealtime. The genuine article. Made only in Texas. Product of USA.
1714804720265.png

1714804731083.png

CHAMPAGNE! there's some good branding right there.

worth a try. i'm a sucker for simple, fermented, vinegar sauces. mild heat, nice aromatics.
i'm not sure why these bozos thought they needed to put caramel coloring in it, but whatever.

it has an eye-popping 220mg/5mL sodium (compare to 35mg/5mL for tabasco or 160mg/5mL for marie sharp's belizean heat). this could be the saltiest hot sauce i've seen, but somehow it's tasting really good on this pizza right now.

Last edited:
I send out this special sauce with every knife (until I run out)...its hands down the best sauce I've ever had

Took me 7 years to make 100 bottles....I grew the peppers from seed and lacto/salt fermented for 5 years, adding each year's crop to the mash....then aged for 2 more years once I added carrots, onions, garlic and apple cider vinegar...finally bottled it this past February

Down to the last case, it will be a sad day when the last bottle goes out

Attachments

• IMG_3270.jpeg
    IMG_3270.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3269.jpeg
    IMG_3269.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
7k: tabasco 150yr anniversary 'Diamond Reserve'

vs

<~2k: primeaux 7yr sauce + free knife

🤔 🤔 🤔

wait. aged up to 7 years? you aged hot sauce guys are all in cahoots!

I Just found this Thread..
AS i Love spicy food and specially hot Sauce s for i guess 12 years a Lot and before Just regular hot peppers from Stores i have to say I eat hot Sauce everyday. Sometimes more or less. Less If i have some stomach issues 😕
My favorites are Hellfire hot Sauce s. A Lot yummy and hot ones. Also hotter than el.
And a Brand from hungaria calles Gabko. Also Just Natural ingredients.
I am Glad i can get my hands in Most yummy sounding hit sauces Here un German Stores or european Stores.

7k: tabasco 150yr anniversary 'Diamond Reserve'

vs

<~2k: primeaux 7yr sauce + free knife

🤔 🤔 🤔

wait. aged up to 7 years? you aged hot sauce guys are all in cahoots!
it wasn't on purpose, lol.....It just took me that long to get around to! ....and tastes better for it

I planted the peppers with the full intention of making sauce that year.....got busy and put them in a bucket with salt under the pantry cabinet.....the plants self seeded for the next 4 years after that, and I kept adding to the bucket.......just finally bottled it when we had a snow storm

Back