• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT WTS Hindostans

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of Hindos and since I don't really need 6 of them and I've got a J-Nat rabbit hole I'm falling into that needs more funds, I'm hoping I can pass these along to a new home that'll use them.

I'd classify all Hindos as mid-grits, somewhere in that 2-4k range and, as a type of sandstone, they're more like J-nats than any kind of novaculite. I find if you work up a decent slurry on them with another piece of hindo, or a diamond plate, that they're very pleasant to use and give a pretty consistent, relatively shallow scratch pattern in polishing. I like the edges for use in the kitchen, they're a little less aggressive and a little more refined than ones you can get off of a washita, for exaple. The thing that keeps popping in my head for these is jack of all trades, you can use them with water or oil, with slurry or without, as a step in a polishing progression or for edges. I think they're relatively overlooked in the grand scheme of things and I hope there are at least a few people out there that will like them.

All of these will be priced including shipping in ConUS; if intl, PM me and I'll try to find what the rates are.

All slurries were raised using another small piece of hindo, I can send along a small piece with any stone if the buyer is interested.

Changing to Sell or Trade, looking for interesting J-nats, JKI synths and carbon core iron clad knives, generally speaking. Trade values are the same as the listed sale values since they included shipping, let's get weird.

~6" Thin stone $40 Traded
~6" Thicker stone $45
~8" Big Boi $65
~8" lighter color $85 (I'm hoping this one doesn't sell)

PXL_20220829_003012838.MP.jpg
PXL_20220829_003026710.jpg
PXL_20220829_003035964.MP.jpg

If anyone is interested and willing to pay what the shipping bump would be, I'll toss in one of these course/fine india combis and you'll have a complete set of stones that'll repair and put a very nice edge on just about anything:

PXL_20220829_011523048.jpg

Last edited:
Back