Where to buy a sheath for my chinese cleaver?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
tried all the ones on amazon and not one of them fit.

edge length is about 216 mm, height is 105 mm.

You're all suggesting sayas. Boring!

The OP asked for a sheath for his Chinese cleaver. That inspired me. I want one -- no, two, one on each side of my belt. Edge down, handle angled slightly forward for an easy, smooth cross-draw. Maybe a third one on my back, for the over-the-shoulder draw.

Wife: "Honey, are you going to make Kung Pao chicken tonight?"
Me: "Sure. Let me strap on my cleavers."

The OP asked for a sheath for his Chinese cleaver. That inspired me. I want one -- no, two, one on each side of my belt. Edge down, handle angled slightly forward for an easy, smooth cross-draw. Maybe a third one on my back, for the over-the-shoulder draw.

They do sell that https://www.amazon.com/Cleaver-Univ...eaver+sheath,aps,118&sr=8-9&tag=forumyield-20
unfortunately I think his cleaver maybe too big to fit.

Did someone say strap-on?

John Wok 😁

cardboard is absolutely ugly on my nice looking knife. I wouldnt do that to it.

Yeah I bet the measurements are outside specs and not the size cleaver it will hold. You would definitely need to ask the size the it will hold. It says 108mm which is probably not 108 cleaver height and his is 105 doubt it would fit, but worth the ask. Same for length it says 180 measurements are 232. I doubt it would fit a 216.

Back