Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently decided to upgrade my collection and these are the first two. First is a magnacut gyuto that im just breaking in now. Made by @MSicardCutlery and it’s such a pleasure to use! It’s light, nimble, but feels surprisingly substantial in the hand. It’s easily less than half the weight of former daily driver. It’s my first Wa handle, which I’m also loving. And I’ve got a coupe of customs on order which I’m eagerly anticipating.

Second is a paring knife made by Harner. It’s a western style full tang construction, XHP steel. I hated my last paring knife, weird handle, odd angle of attack on the blade that made it awkward to use. This one is so much better. The handle is really nicely shaped, it feels very secure in hand. And of course it works like a dream.

View attachment 316351View attachment 316352View attachment 316353View attachment 316354
wow do you have detailed thickness measurements? or Matt @MSicardCutlery

Oooof that is clean. Something about the kurouchi on these knives is just so nice. @Bico Doce I still wish I had been fast enough to try that custom AEBL Shihan you had listed a couple years ago. Seemed thick and thin in all the right places
It absolutely was! A forum member definitely has it. Maybe it will resurface one day

Oooof that is clean. Something about the kurouchi on these knives is just so nice. @Bico Doce I still wish I had been fast enough to try that custom AEBL Shihan you had listed a couple years ago. Seemed thick and thin in all the right places

Shi.han knives all have a great feel. The KU texture, A2 Nashiji just feel nice to hold.

After my first Big boy (KU 245x53 in 52100 Thermory Ash), got me a AEBL petty (KU 150x30 Forgot to ask the handlewood) at a local blade show. Custom ordered a pair for my wife and I as a wedding gift (A2 180x48, and 160x40 Burnt Ash).

10/10 would recommend.

JNS Munetoshi butcher (shirogami) and imanishi arashiyama

This boning knife is truly impressive—robust yet nimble, and exceptionally sharp after its initial sharpening.

1000009837.jpg

Off topic but yeah, you've been recommended a few too many times. Just hope I get the call in before you're backed up for three years xD
I’ve used a pretty basic set up for the past 15 years, so maybe not the most experienced user out there. But the work @MSicardCutlery puts out is incredible. You won’t regret it for a second. Beyond happy with the gyuto he did for me. I can’t wait for the others to come in!

I can't believe nobody snatched this Beauty right away!!!...It's a F'in work of Art!!!

Attachments

• 20240422_100248.jpg
    20240422_100248.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240422_100230.jpg
    20240422_100230.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240422_100213.jpg
    20240422_100213.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240422_100158.jpg
    20240422_100158.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
It was about time I got myself a Merion - and a very nice one it is too.

At 245x58 it’s my tallest Gyuto (*ahem big santoku*) relative to length, but initial impressions feel pretty organic in hand.

The taper goes hard from 6mm to V thin right at the tip (despite the spine shot here), and the edge is nail flexing along the whole blade.

Really nice work and I’m already planning my next custom.

Last edited:

At 245x58 it’s my tallest Gyuto (*ahem big santoku*) relative to length, but initial impressions feel pretty organic in hand.

The taper goes hard from 6mm to V thin, and the edge is nail flexing along the whole blade.

You finally got it! Looks amazing. You're starting to collect wrought iron twist gyutos at this point 👏

The taper goes hard from 6mm to V thin, and the edge is nail flexing along the whole blade.

With the gyuto height getting taller and taller, at some point @BillHanna will claim ownership of them for being rectangles with a rounded top.

The taper goes hard from 6mm to V thin right at the tip (despite the spine shot here), and the edge is nail flexing along the whole blade.

Haha do we have the same knife??

Very nice! That combo has been a joy and takes a nice patina, the nickel layer also adds a certain something. Impressed with the sheffcut so far

I still think Travis is severely underrated
My other knife from him is stainless over Wolfram, also very impressed with that steel. So far Travis makes my favorite workhorse and for almost 1/2 the cost of others I have tried.

Back