• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Red Flags on BST

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a new member, it's quite hard to tell if a member is a good seller. Trying to digest over 13 pages of this thread is a lot...
I've bought off these forums recently and have had a really really good experience (thanks mods). It could have easily gone very wrong. It's easy to dwell on the bad experiences but how can we promote good sellers? I'd welcome a thread (or some means) where I can lend kudos to decent and honest sellers, share my experience and perhaps ease fears. Does this exist already?

Last edited:
It could have easily gone very wrong.

haha, idk about that. i think the overwhelming majority of sales here are fine.

As a new member, it's quite hard to tell if a member is a good seller.

imo, look at join date, post count, and post history. having sold stuff in the past is good. having sold stuff recently is better. even more importantly, look at recent post history to make sure there's some reasonable recent activity that is unrelated to sales so that it's probably not a dude using someone else's account through credential stuffing.

As a new member, it's quite hard to tell if a member is a good seller. Trying to digest over 13 pages of this thread is a lot...
I've bought off these forums recently and have had a really really good experience (thanks mods). It could have easily gone very wrong. It's easy to dwell on the bad experiences but how can we promote good sellers? I'd welcome a thread (or some means) where I can lend kudos to decent and honest sellers, share my experience and perhaps ease fears. Does this exist already?
This thread will help also.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/bst-buyer-seller-feedback-thread.70084/

haha, idk about that. i think the overwhelming majority of sales here are fine.

imo, look at join date, post count, and post history. having sold stuff in the past is good. having sold stuff recently is better. even more importantly, look at recent post history to make sure there's some reasonable recent activity that is unrelated to sales so that it's probably not a dude using someone else's account through credential stuffing.

You're probably right. The reason for my comment was that the first thread I see on BST right now is a warning about hijacked accounts. I want to celebrate those who are good sellers. Thanks for the link!

Back