NKD Hado Blue #1 Damascus 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reforminded

Reaction score
Breaking in the new knife by preparing a taco feast for visiting family. Initial impressions are that the Hado hype is real. Insanely thin behind the edge for a 240mm, slices diced and chops effortlessly. When prepping pico I was astonished at how easily it literally fell through a tomato just pulling it—even more so than my Tetsujin. The extra height is great, and it handles incredibly well. Superbly sharp edge, and already taking a patina. It’s a winner.
IMG_4945.jpeg

Glad you decided to keep it!

Does it feel fragile at all? Tempted to pick one up myself, but was worried it might be delicate for my tastes.

Does it feel fragile at all? Tempted to pick one up myself, but was worried it might be delicate for my tastes.
Doesn’t feel fragile—it’s got decent heft given it’s size and height—but I’ve only processed veggies and sliced a steak—haven’t tried to break down a squash or anything hard.

Wanted to throw in a quick $0.02 as I’ve had both the 210 and 240

210 was super light, super thin, gave me a feeling that it was a bit fragile (I don’t think it actually was)

240 had more heft, more of a middleweight feel while still having an insanely thin edge and wonderful profile. This was a better fit for me personally.

Hello fellow Hado owners!
I own a Hado B1 240 from September's drop from Chefs Edge AU.

I find that when I am processing sweet potatoes , they tend to stick really hard onto the sides of the blade and causes some difficulty trying to push through to complete my cuts. Is this because of its profile? I put a fresh edge on it so it's definitely sharp.

I have a lot more Sanjo knives than a Sakai, so I am used to the Sanjo where it feels like they have less flex. Been very intrigued by Tanaka-san's work and picked this up as the aesthetic of it is just amazing.

Back