New Member Saying Helo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks ! I've been a lifelong outdoorsman, cooking enthusiast, butcher and soon starting as a line cook at a steakhouse. I love vintage knives especially related to butchery and processing, old tools like grinders, sausage stuffers, slicers etc. A few years ago my ex bought me a lovely Munetoshi kurouchi 240mm gyuto and I was hooked. Looking forward to learning from you folks and having lively and interesting conversations.

WAnderingbutcher? Steakhouse? You gotta tell us what state!
It's called Wyoming Steakhouse in Cody, Wyoming. It's one of a few in town and not as upscale as Legacy Butcher and Burger but pretty nice. If you get the chance over the summer WA isn't too far. And Yellowstone is less than an hour away !

Welcome. Do you have any favorite butchery-knives?

I have one of those that I bought to check out (back when it was still Forschner), it became my go-to big fish knife. Probably went through 1000+ salmon and halibut before I changed jobs.

I have one of those that I bought to check out (back when it was still Forschner), it became my go-to big fish knife. Probably went through 1000+ salmon and halibut before I changed jobs.
They're absolute beasts. I adore mine for hand cutting steaks, breaking carcasses and any big tasks I need.

Back