WTS MSicard Cutlery 250mm KS Style Wolfram Special San-Mai Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSicardCutlery

Full-time Knifemaker-Canadian Mazaki
KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello All,

I tried a bunch of new stuff out with this blade. I attempted to get as close as I could to full convex geometry on the blade faces, this was also my first time using straight laminated Wolfram Special and low carbon steel, a finger stone kasumi, as well as cocobolo for the handle. This also isn't quite my usual blade style, it's a bit thicker, more robustly built than most of my knives which tend to qualify as lasers. This knife is more of a nimble midweight. It has a ton of activity in the cladding and I really hope I can make time to put out more knives like this in the future because it has some real character to it.

For those of you who haven't heard of it, Wolfram Special is a tungsten alloyed steel like Aogami 1/2/S that fits within the composition specs for a different Japanese steel called V-Toku1. Performance should be on par with Blue #1.

sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (4).jpg

sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (6).jpg

sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (7).jpg

sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (5).jpg

• Blade: 253mmx52mm Low Carbon Clad Wolfram Special (64-65hrc)
  • Neck: 20mmx17mm
  • Handle: Cocobolo and walnut, oiled and waxed
  • POB: 43mm from the hande
  • Spine: 3.07mm at the neck, 2.38mm at halfway, .74mm 1cm from the tip
  • Grind: flat to convex, right hand bias
  • Weight: 175g
  • Relieved choil and spine
  • Edge: .21mm@1mm,
Asking $560 U.S + $28 U.S for shipping with insurance anywhere in North America. Overseas will be in the ballpark of $50-$75 U.S depending on the area.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (2).jpg
    sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (3).jpg
    sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (3).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (8).jpg
    sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife (8).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife.jpg
    sanmai-Wolframspecial-ironclad-kitchen-sabatier-custom-gyuto-msicardcutlery-chef-knife.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Back