Local PIF updates

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
I've found myself busy lately helping out the guys at my new old job. As some of you know, I quit catering to go back to restaurant work. I've been at a restaurant named Zebra, but recently got a much better job at a hotel/resort/restaurant less than a mile from my house.
Anyway, here's some of the work I did for my Zebra crew. I've got a lot more in the works for the guys there too.

First up is an Arcos(Spanish made) knife. This knife is a Sole knife. Zebra is the only place I've worked at that has Dover Sole on the menu. The knife is very flexible for sliding under the bones, to filet/debone after cooking. This is a nice piece of Norfolk Pine that Mike Henry gave to me.
DSC_0133_zpsfacc246b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0139_zps2a651050.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0141_zps3872f890.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Up next is a Dexter connoisseur (from Son) that I converted to Wa. It is Claro Walnut and Sycamore. Compliments of Mike Henry and Mark(Burlsource)
DSC_0145_zps7cf9a434.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0148_zps86d8a75f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I posted some pics of this Mac knife a while ago. It was another one from Son. It's Tamarind and Sycamore. Anyway, one of the guys at Zebra brought in the SAME Mac and asked me to sharpen it for him. It was a gift from his aunt, who had used it for many years. Needless to say, the spine was sharper than the actual edge. I decided to swap him out for the Son knife. All I can say is that it was hard to see this one at work every day. This has been one of my favorites, the Tamarind looks a lot like bone.
DSC_0109_zpse99aa6b7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0108_zpscd79b1ae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm currently about halfway through rehandling the other one in Ironwood with some red and black spacers.
Thanks for looking guys. It makes me feel good to help people out in the sharp department, whether it be donating knives, or teaching people how to sharpen.
Spread the wealth, spread the knowledge.
It makes people better chefs and cooks.
Better tools make you better at your job.
This rings true no matter what your profession.
Thanks everyone!

Very nice Chris. You make that Pine look good, I didn't have much luck with it. Congrats on the new job

You are remarkably generous and talented. I can only imagine how good your food is.

Awesome Chris, hope the new job is working out well! Agree that the Tamarind looks really cool.

Cheers!

Nice looking work! I love that Tamarind as well...I like the lighter colors a lot more.

Looks great Chris. Really liking that Mac.

BTW, I still have more coming your way, just need to remember to pack em up a ship em out. Hopefully this week

Those looks great, but can't beat the frankenhandle you made for the nakiri :)

Back