Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the non IG people

Attachments

• IMG_5781.png
    IMG_5781.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5780.png
    IMG_5780.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
I’m curious, does that configuration seem to be the crowd favorite? Been thinking about trying his work for sometime.
I can’t speak for the crowd, but iron clad W2 with chestnut handle would be my preferred configuration, depending on the weight - there seems to be some variation between releases. I’ve never had one of his, but I hope to eventually.

650ish USD isnt that bad I’d say. Still a good overall package knife and hard to get.
969 cad for the 240 with no saya. $708? And then shipping and duties from Canada probably. These used to be $500 knives. You can get a lot of good y Tanaka for quite literally half.

Can get a dama clad 240 from kns for $380...

What's kama asa for a kasumi 240 and more expensive blue 1? 450? 500?

Edit: just checked, kama asa was $454. So same knife, in a pricier steel for $250 less.

Last edited:
969 cad for the 240 with no saya. $708? And then shipping and duties from Canada probably. These used to be $500 knives. You can get a lot of good y Tanaka for quite literally half.

Can get a dama clad 240 from kns for $380...

What's kama asa for a kasumi 240 and more expensive blue 1? 450? 500?
540usd. They’re not taking any more reservations or custom orders though, I was told by them.

540usd. They’re not taking any more reservations or custom orders though, I was told by them.
Did price go up? I was quoted 454. Even at 540, $160 for the same smith and sharpener combo, and you get Tanaka's pricier steel? That's why I don't get $700 for this...

Pretty sure CKTGs last batch was 525 or 550 was it not? Dropped like a month or 2 ago.

Did price go up? I was quoted 454. Even at 540, $160 for the same smith and sharpener combo, and you get Tanaka's pricier steel? That's why I don't get $700 for this...

Pretty sure CKTGs last batch was 525 or 550 was it not? Dropped like a month or 2 ago.
Maybe, I sought one two months ago and got that price. They got one in recently and asked if I wanted it for that price. Unless they’re targeting a rube like me with inflated prices and the illusion of future scarcity?

I believe that CKTG was 475 for 225mm. I was pretty keen in an FM at the time so was closely monitoring prices 😂

Maybe, I sought one two months ago and got that price. They got one in recently and asked if I wanted it for that price. Unless they’re targeting a rube like me with inflated prices and the illusion of future scarcity?

I believe that CKTG was 475 for 225mm. I was pretty keen in an FM at the time so was closely monitoring prices 😂
I think they are just asking that because they can. Which isn't the worst thing, maybe with this pricing demand will go down eventually.

Don't get me wrong I love the line of knives. Just around 5-600 for a 240. Past that...I can just get so many nice y. Tanaka's these days or a tetsujin, etc

I think they are just asking that because they can. Which isn't the worst thing, maybe with this pricing demand will go down eventually.

Don't get me wrong I love the line of knives. Just around 5-600 for a 240. Past that...I can just get so many nice y. Tanaka's these days or a tetsujin, etc
I agree: but there are enough collectors and enthusiasts that will pay $700+ so why wouldn’t they sell at that price? I hesitate to pay that, but someone would (usual price discovery processes lead to the prevailing market price etc although liquidity issues make it a little fuzzy in this case). That said, there are two FMs on BsT that have been sitting for quite a long time. Maybe appetite at that price point is dwindling, especially as intimations of increased supply circulate.

Back