• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Jiro for a jiro? Looking for 225-240mm Yo gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello friends šŸ‘‹
As the title says, Iā€™m looking to trade a Jiro gyuto for a Jiro gyuto.

Want to trade a Jiro Wa gyuto 240 mm #067 Old profile for a new profile Yo gyutošŸ™
(The blade has been sharpened by Tetogi in DK and is ready for use, but due to bad storage conditions it has gotten some ā€œpittingā€ on the blade - see pics.

sizes Iā€™m looking for is 225 or 240 mm
Condition, used is okay but as new as possiblešŸ¤ž

Located in Denmark therefore looking within EU at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_1546.jpeg
    IMG_1546.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1549.jpeg
    IMG_1549.jpeg
  • IMG_1548.jpeg
    IMG_1548.jpeg
  • IMG_1550.jpeg
    IMG_1550.jpeg
  • IMG_1552.jpeg
    IMG_1552.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1554.jpeg
    IMG_1554.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1551.jpeg
    IMG_1551.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
Bump- still looking for a trade šŸ™
Maybe the time isnā€™t right, maybe my post doesnā€™t follow the forum etiquette, maybe nobody wants a special early Jiro with the old profile?

Maybe a lotā€¦. As mentioned above, still looking but going to admit defeat and withdraw on Friday, if no responsešŸ¤ž

Bump- still looking for a trade šŸ™
Maybe the time isnā€™t right, maybe my post doesnā€™t follow the forum etiquette, maybe nobody wants a special early Jiro with the old profile?

Maybe a lotā€¦. As mentioned above, still looking but going to admit defeat and withdraw on Friday, if no responsešŸ¤ž
I think the pitting and the knife being older (Jiro has certainly evolved for the better as he has produced another 500+ knives) are the reasons why people are not lining up to trade with you. There is also a certain irony that you are looking for something "as new as possible" when yours doesn't really fit that description. Not a critique here but since you posed the question I figured I'd offer some insight. GLWT!

I think the pitting and the knife being older (Jiro has certainly evolved for the better as he has produced another 500+ knives) are the reasons why people are not lining up to trade with you. There is also a certain irony that you are looking for something "as new as possible" when yours doesn't really fit that description. Not a critique here but since you posed the question I figured I'd offer some insight. GLWT!
Good points- words can be tricky, especially if English isnā€™t your native language šŸ˜¬ by ā€œas new as possibleā€ I donā€™t mean BNIB, but basically ā€œnot brokenā€- I know Jiro has evolved a lot, therefore (I thought) this was a ā€œcollectorā€™s itemā€- but yeahā€¦ good points- my biggest concern was.. ā€œdoes I trick some of the famous red flags, as a new memberā€ so I guess I didnā€™t thought about your points.. embarrassing šŸ«£

Just going to withdrawā€¦

Trades are difficult for anyone so dont be too hard on yourself. Just keep your eyes open and try to develop some relationships here on KKF and the knives have a way on finding their way to you

Back