• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded Eddworks Apex Ultra Bunka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have had this over a year now, it’s such a great cutter. It pains me to say good by but I know I’ll have another of his knives someday. Was gonna sell it but since I’ve been on a mission to try out other great makers I figured I’d see what I could shake loose with this.

196x67 222grams Apex Ultra mono dyed spalted maple. I’ve lightly put it to stones a few time just to freshen up the micro bevel. Crazy how well it performs imo

Interested in other western makers sub 240 gyuto and willing to possibly throw in some extra cash on the trade if needed (Heldqvist, BB, Raquin, Maillet, HF, Merion….show me what you got)

Trade value I’m gonna put at $330

IMG_2283.jpeg
IMG_2286.jpeg
IMG_2285.jpeg

incredible opportunity here, great steel, fantastic maker with a +/- 2 year wait. His values makes things tough for trades though, your pricing is perfect but I think its hard to think about trading $800.00 knives for a $300.00 knife. If anyone can make this work though Eddworks perform waaaaaaaaayyyy above there price point.

incredible opportunity here, great steel, fantastic maker with a +/- 2 year wait. His values makes things tough for trades though, your pricing is perfect but I think its hard to think about trading $800.00 knives for a $300.00 knife. If anyone can make this work though Eddworks perform waaaaaaaaayyyy above there price point.
Yea a bit of an odd trade, I got this knife right before his popularity skyrocketed. This isn't everyone's favorite shape but in my mind its just not a 300 dollar knife so I can't bring myself to sell it. It is such a great performer. Some of the makers on my "wish list" are $800 dollar knifes maybe, but some folks here bought knives from makers maybe right at that sweet spot before prices went up (BB, Maillet...). I got a beautiful 230 full tang mallet off bst for $425 a while back (which im sure now could be a $700 knife retail at this point), and that recent wrought twisty thic boi from bst that I missed. So in my mind that's sort of what im looking for, although maybe a bit wishful.

Yea a bit of an odd trade, I got this knife right before his popularity skyrocketed. This isn't everyone's favorite shape but in my mind its just not a 300 dollar knife so I can't bring myself to sell it. It is such a great performer. Some of the makers on my "wish list" are $800 dollar knifes maybe, but some folks here bought knives from makers maybe right at that sweet spot before prices went up (BB, Maillet...). I got a beautiful 230 full tang mallet off bst for $425 a while back (which im sure now could be a $700 knife retail at this point), and that recent wrought twisty thic boi from bst that I missed. So in my mind that's sort of what im looking for, although maybe a bit wishful.
Not at all it's fair trade performance wise to anything here!!!

I have some BB and Merion that I may be willing to let go soon, so feel free to message me if you're interested.

That said, I've have a handful of eddworks, including one similar to this one, but larger (~225x70) so I wouldn't be looking to trade at this time

Back