Yanagiba PIF - Open to people in Charlotte, NC. ONLY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantumcloud509

Reaction score
So after a big headache and a weeping wallet, and some goodwill to boot, I want to help someone in Charlotte, NC out. I have a yanagiba over there which was accidentally shipped there instead of California.
I never used it since I bought it and it traveled with me to work and back for over a year. I still to this day have no use for yanagiba :)

Anyways, I'd be willing to let you get the knife for FREE - in return all I ask from whoever over there gets it is to remember me when you are selling a knife on the BST next time :D

Just reply here that you want it and Ill print out all the names and have my wife draw one out of a hat on Valentines day. Ill hook you up with the guy who has it over there and its yours!

You dont have to be broke, and or down and out, if you want it - let me know here :)

After shipping headaches and initial cost, this thing is in my pocket $115. I was never really sure who it was made by. Brand new knife.

Anyways - happy upcoming valentines day Charlotte, NC!

Nice thought brother! Just so you know Chris (Knyfenerd) is in Charlotte, and he is the man responsible for most of the PIF done here, maybe he could help.

Very cool idea! (nowhere near NC though!)

Well, hell. I'm in Charlotte, and I want it. :biggrin:

Hey bro, I honestly think the only 2 KKF members in Charlotte are me and Pumbaa. We could do a Greco-Roman wrestling match wearing Speedos to determine the winner. We can stream it live for the amusement of all.
Oh wait, I forgot about my dad-he lives here too. I'm not wrestling with him. He'd probably cheat and just shoot me! He loves guns and ALL knives, especially kukri's.
If it went to me, I'd just PIF to someone else anyway. I've got a yanagi already.
If you want to expand the giveaway, I'd be more than happy to get it from your friend and pay for the shipping to whoever wins it.
Cool idea man, PM me if I can help.
Chris

I don't wrestle, except nekkid, and with wimmen.

how about 1 1/2 hrs east of charlotte?

If you honestly wanna drive across the state for a $75 yanagiba, ok. Lol. All i know is im done shipping it or being involved in it.

On the topic of just giving it to knyfenerd, I already told my wife she gets to draw a name on valentines day so its gonna be a raffle PIF.

So far knyfenerd and mike l. are in this an equal opportunity drawing for Charlottans of all calibers and rankings :)

I know its a little south of charlotte but Im in charleston SC and I know a guy who works in charlotte but lives down here???? eeeeh?????

oh you guys are killing me :D, ok, if you really want in, I dont mind. Its gonna be a fair draw. whoever gets it gets it, and if its not picked up in a few days the second draw gets it.

I live not too far away, and drive through Charlotte about once a week? If I win, I will donate it to knerd to pif fund.

Can i join if i live in the finnish Charlotte :razz:

ill wrestle knyfe but with my neck id loose but ill try! where is it? if its on the south side of the city knerd is closer if it is in the north side of the city or huntersville/mooresville im closer! and if i do get it ill donate my utility and my chroma bread knife, along with a 12 pocket messermiester knife roll to knerd's pif

I was going to shave my head with it on youtube. :tease:

umm already been done DUH lol well if you win i wanna see the video

damn being SOOO not close to you. west coast canada is a tad too far of a drive to be involved in this one :(

Panda where in charlotte and are you in the industry or a home cook

ohh i know the ember grill well my teacher at cpcc was the chef de cuisine there, her name is tess. Knerd was at a catering place over on the southside and i am the pastry chef at Osso at the NC music factory.

quantum hasn't posted since the 13th. Knife or no knife, I hope he is ok.

quantum hasn't posted since the 13th. Knife or no knife, I hope he is ok.

I agree hope he is ok, and mike where in charlotte are you? we all should get together in charlotte one day and cook or something.

I'm on the east side, not far from the intersection of Central and Eastway....hablo Espanol?

I'm not much of a cook by pro standards, but I can supply some decent home baked bread. :hungry:

i know kitchen spanish learned it from being in kitchens lol

im down i am off usually sundays and tuesdays, this week im off wednesday. i am also available most nights.

Back