What have you been doing lately that is not Knife related?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edge

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I was looking at the other threads and didn't see one about other areas of interest. There are some threads of audio, or tennis or drinking.
But this is just for what have you been doing lately? It may be a mix of things.

For me I like long drives in the country and listening to audiobooks.

What about you? What have you been doing lately?

Outside of work my 9 year old more than monopolizes my time -- early mornings as well as late afternoons/ evenings. So I guess when not taking him to various practices, etc. I've mainly been watching really bad YouTube videos by people who seem to do nothing but play video games or come up with silly challenges/ situations that only 8-10 years old can appreciate. And the YouTubers all seem to be barely 20 years old and drive Lamborghinis... :D

aside from work home roasting espresso, and obviously audio keep me busy in the few hours hour 6 year old is not around....

Taking our new (as of March 2021) dog to school, and walking and training him. He is a now roughly 18-month-old Border Collie x Australian Cattle Dog cross and as is typical for those breeds (and several other herding breeds) he needs to be kept occupied. He is currently enrolled in a tracking dog class but we have previously gone through a couple levels of obedience and a beginning agility class. I may try to get him into a Treibball class in the fall.

Last edited:
20220606_150545.jpg

Reactions: Pie
Work. So much work. Currently in a large healthcare system and about to finally finish training in a year but getting slammed by how COVID has really strained our healthcare system.

Other than that, raising a Shikoku puppy and always debating what knife to get next and whether I really do need it... Man I can't decide whether to pick up a takeda no hamono gyuto...

tea, travel, music festival, fishing, gardening, pet servers (mostly for piracy)
also i guess cigars since i just came back with a few boxes of cubans

Justifying the purchase of a set of Demeyere frying pans. Will probably continue for some time... ;)

I’ve recently set some physical goals for myself. I want to be able to do two finger push-ups like Bruce Lee and be able to deadlift 500 lbs (so yes, long term goals).Oh and I’m 6’9” to boot so the long limbs make it a tad more difficult. Started in April doing 100 diamond push-ups a day, (5x a week) then in May I transitioned to 100 diamond and 100 knuckle each day. Now I’m still doing that but I’ve incorporated some pull ups (which I’m crap at, but plan on working up to 100 per day also). I bought a home gym, put nice flooring in the garage, and now I can deadlift and squat at home. My body feels great and my mind feels clear. Should’ve been doing all this ages ago. I’ve been active for a while but not very regimented until now.

Attachments

• 6668BF2A-04FE-45A2-8E2A-70944A1087B1.jpeg
    6668BF2A-04FE-45A2-8E2A-70944A1087B1.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 0
  • 968540EF-5711-4B30-819F-7D4FA8636F5C.jpeg
    968540EF-5711-4B30-819F-7D4FA8636F5C.jpeg
    340.2 KB · Views: 0
I’ve recently set some physical goals for myself. I want to be able to do two finger push-ups like Bruce Lee and be able to deadlift 500 lbs (so yes, long term goals).Oh and I’m 6’9” to boot so the long limbs make it a tad more difficult. Started in April doing 100 diamond push-ups a day, (5x a week) then in May I transitioned to 100 diamond and 100 knuckle each day. Now I’m still doing that but I’ve incorporated some pull ups (which I’m crap at, but plan on working up to 100 per day also). I bought a home gym, put nice flooring in the garage, and now I can deadlift and squat at home. My body feels great and my mind feels clear. Should’ve been doing all this ages ago. I’ve been active for a while but not very regimented until now.
Is that you Mr Bateman? ;)

Justifying the purchase of a set of Demeyere frying pans. Will probably continue for some time... ;)
Bought a GE Advantium induction stove as gas is being legislated out. Went for the Demeyere Atlantis cookware. Beautiful stuff, but $$$. Great control on the stovetop. The 11" fry pan is awesome, but heavy.
Miss the French copper and the water-heater fired wok.

Started shooting pool after a 40 yr hiatus. Had to wait 2 yrs for a local pool hall to finally open up. Four month order time for a McDermott. Anyone know anything about the carbon composite pool shafts?

Started shooting pool after a 40 yr hiatus. Had to wait 2 yrs for a local pool hall to finally open up. Four month order time for a McDermott. Anyone know anything about the carbon composite pool shafts?

Used to have a McDermott back in the day. ❤️ Miss it sometimes.

Great thread. I journal a lot and am a collector/user of fountain pens. While there are threads on my other hobbies (audio, shooting, cooking, baking), I don't remember a watch one (very likely wrong). Anyways, been changing straps on a few of my IWC's and one Omega. We have two dachshunds that always keep me busy otherwise. Finally, searching for a job has me filling out cover letters and researching a lot these days.

And I thought that I've been playing little for some years. Those carbon shafts are much more low deflection than wooden ones and they stay straighter in a long run. I tried one couple of years ago and can say that my pocketing% went up but I couldn't get the same feeling/touch than with wooden shaft so didn't pull the tricker then. They are developing fast pace so maybe worth of trying again. I think most of the pro players are using those nowadays.

Reactions: ian
Back