What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've thought about getting a Pelagos so many times, but put it off every time as the bright blue is just too much for me.
I wish they would just make the regular one, or even the 39mm in this shade of blue...
If yours came with a bracelet it would be perfect (for me).

I've thought about getting a Pelagos so many times, but put it off every time as the bright blue is just too much for me.
I wish they would just make the regular one, or even the 39mm in this shade of blue...
The fixed (FXD) lugs are half the appeal. I have another watch from Ginault on bracelet and a JLC on a leather strap so all bases are covered.

Hadn't thought of that but now you mention it. Legibility is fantastic and no silly faux yellow patina on the hands or markers. Just a nice, understated design with none of the bling of a Rolex.
💯. I love the legibility is (almost) best bar none. Agreed on the faux patina. I’m indifferent I don’t think it adds so in my opinion, it should be subtracted. I hate to bring in the “not Rolex” as a reason but I almost always say that…. It’s just more low key and less likely to draw unwanted attention. Don’t get me wrong I love the explorer, and I was considering it but then decided against because of Rolex’s sales practices and the “bling” associated. Don’t get me wrong though, if you like it in not hating on Rolex, just not for me.

You could go with the Pelagos 39, but it comes in black only I think? Again I really liked that one too, it was my second choice vs the FXD

The micro adjustable clasp was a big ++++

You could go with the Pelagos 39, but it comes in black only I think? Again I really liked that one too, it was my second choice vs the FXD

The 39 only comes in black indeed, that's too much 'Rolex' for me. Then I'd rather have a sub. The whole point was just like you mentioned earlier for me as well that it had to be 'not Rolex' and more Tudor.
I got a Bathyscaphe instead.

The 39 only comes in black indeed, that's too much 'Rolex' for me. Then I'd rather have a sub. The whole point was just like you mentioned earlier for me as well that it had to be 'not Rolex' and more Tudor.
I got a Bathyscaphe instead.
Hate to say it…. And I know this is like borderline blasphemy, but the blancpan just never jived with me…

Don’t have to do natos. I really like Erika originals. Takes a bit of adjustment to put it in but once you have a technique it’s super easy.

(Not trying to sell you, just suggesting another option)
Ah yeah, should've said cloth or fabric instead. I don't like the look.
The sailcloth on the Bathyscaphe is already out of my comfort zone of aligator and bracelets :p

I tried on the Pelagos 39 and it just wasn't for me. Bit blah visually to be honest. I put that down to sunburst pattern in the dial and bezel which has never appealed.

I tried on the Pelagos 39 and it just wasn't for me. Bit blah visually to be honest. I put that down to sunburst pattern in the dial and bezel which has never appealed.
Ah you removed the other thing about movements. I’ll be honest I’m not really a movement snob. I mostly care about the outputs like beat rates and power reserve. Then serviceability.

Regarding sunburst. Never seen one in person but that’s fair Regarding the sunburst.

Ah you removed the other thing about movements. I’ll be honest I’m not really a movement snob. I mostly care about the outputs like beat rates and power reserve. Then serviceability.

Regarding sunburst. Never seen one in person but that’s fair Regarding the sunburst.
Yes, on further investigation Kenissi appear to make both the MT54 and MT56 series of movements. The company is separate from Tudor who own a chunk of the company and it's located in the same complex. Just not under the Wilsdorf Charitable Foundation umbrella.

Back