what do you guys use for pocket knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah we are certainly something else. I started off wanting just a simple cutting tool, I got a folding credit card knife and evolved from there. I have different knives for different purposes. I have super good cardboard destroyers, and knives with great actions and fit and finish.

In my circle of edc enthusiasts, most of us just go for knives that do it all. Shirogorov for example are almost all 12 thou bte, with great heat treats, amazing fit and finish AND fun actions. I'm a have it all kind of guy. I love a good action. I love cool finishes and fun materials. But the knife still has to perform well. I don't think I have a folder that doesn't cut well. These days it has to do it all for me, because it's not hard these days to find something that do it all.

Like I have a bardley marias vector right now, one of my favorite carbon fibers, amazing detent, super smooth teflon washer, and great lockup, super thin bte. Popping it open puts a smile on my face, and that counts for a lot to me

Just listen to that thwack and look at that smooth washer action! Man I love knives.

Attachments

• vector.jpeg
    vector.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It is similar to how most people into kitchen knives are more into knives than into cooking, same with polishing, natural stone guys they are more into polishing than into knives.
I should start a thread and see who bites:

“Which nagura should I get to polish my j-nats? I used to own knives but sold them all, now my hobby is flattening whetstones and then using nagura to polish the surface to a mirror shine… I used to be into dorodango you see.”

Alright, back on track. I almost left without sharing my baby today, althought, she isn't in the best shape. This was my unicorn. I don't know, but I always like this knife design, I was smitten by it, and still am. Has this old-school vibe, boy scoutish. IDK. Anyways, It is a Triple Aught Design J.W. Smith Capricorn, forgot the year. Look at the sweet dovetailing of the scales in the 3rd pic. The last pic has a little easter egg with his initials engraved in the front finger choil.

Attachments

• 20240510_160227[1].jpg
    20240510_160227[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240510_160232[1].jpg
    20240510_160232[1].jpg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240510_160237[1].jpg
    20240510_160237[1].jpg
    952.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240510_160254[1].jpg
    20240510_160254[1].jpg