Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda nuts how they filmed that in the woods. Seriously, no risk of starting a fire?

I’m kinda sensitive to that sort of thing from living out West.

Well, according to the website, uses include:
  • Wildfire Control and Prevention
  • Agricultural Management
  • Ecological Conservation
  • Snow and Ice Removal
  • Entertainment and SFX
So a shot in the woods makes sense. I’m an urbanite, would’ve loved seeing a clip of the robo dog on Fifth Ave, or Times Sq.

SELLING ALL MY KNIVES. Need funds to purchase this flamethrower dog robot. Will find a culinary application for it.
https://throwflame.com/products/thermonator-robodog/
The underslung lidar rotor adds a mega creepy touch
Sure, but I expect that would be done under official supervision. Not some private company starting fires in a forest to film a video?
Iirc the range from the guy handling the controller is quite short and probable line-of-sight.

I live in the desert, where a toy like this would be inappropriate. I grew up back east, though. A forest in winter, with everything too wet to easily burn, is not near as at-risk as Western savanna or scrubland.

Imo the firefighting angle is an attempt to give legitimacy to a supermacho killbot novelty item, like an overly accessorized AR-type pistol. Still, that lidar rotor emits serious Skynet vibes.

The underslung lidar rotor adds a mega creepy touch

Iirc the range from the guy handling the controller is quite short and probable line-of-sight.

I live in the desert, where a toy like this would be inappropriate. I grew up back east, though. A forest in winter, with everything too wet to easily burn, is not near as at-risk as Western savanna or scrubland.

Imo the firefighting angle is an attempt to give legitimacy to a supermacho killbot novelty item, like an overly accessorized AR-type pistol. Still, that lidar rotor emits serious Skynet vibes.
Didn’t realize that the military was already playing with weaponized robo dogs.
IMG_2224.jpeg

Okay… here’s an opinion.

It’s getting really old, really fast with all those dark core steel etched wrought knives.

Dark core steel. It’s just a way to uniform product
They do possess one advantage for the buyer on resale. The finish is an excellent telltale for the difference between “bnib” and “almost bnib”.

On a knife bought to be used, the finish is toast with the first trip to the stones.

True. And I could clarify that it is from a polishing standpoint I say this.
But I do understand why they sell fast

Someone please help a desert hermit out. What is “no notes” about?

I ask after having read that. I don’t have context.
Looks like the thread got removed. OG member who hadn’t posted in 4 years was trying to sell a Kato for $600. Said he accepted PayPal and Venmo but not notes. Likely a hacked account.

OK after some googling I have the missing piece of info. Apparently the payment co has an extremely broad filter for possible unserved items. That is some invasive bs imo. If it’s not “drugs, firearms or obscene materials” as per PP, it should be good to go.

Tho’ that last category is fraught, considering the physiological response some of us have to full-frontal pix of a Kaiju or Xerxes …

OK after some googling I have the missing piece of info. Apparently the payment co has an extremely broad filter for possible unserved items. That is some invasive bs imo. If it’s not “drugs, firearms or obscene materials” as per PP, it should be good to go.

Tho’ that last category is fraught, considering the physiological response some of us have to full-frontal pix of a Kaiju or Xerxes …
Something something mutter differentially hard.

Back