Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much, also less muddy. But it seems to respond very well to pressure. Hogs off metal when you want but my surprise comes from the light/no pressure deburring strokes
Same experience with the Pro 120. It's so hard, pressure levels make a huge difference.

Basting is overrated.
Same experience with the Pro 120. It's so hard, pressure levels make a huge difference.

Like a crystolon except a water stone. I have been experimenting with one and concur. I've been very happy with how slow it is dishing. But I've been mildly disappointed at how slow it cuts. I think I still prefer the crystolon. Especially because I have the crystolon in a 11"*3" version.

a suggestion to the mods:
it's nice to have our useless rants consolidated and more easily searchable 👍
Thanks for this idea. I've made a note to come back later today and seriously look into doing what you've outlined.

Sometimes I'm not hyper tuned to how my knife is performing or thinking about how many cuts since the last sharpening or what that sharpening was or if I used other knives since I last used this one and if so, how many times and how did they perform and how good is the food release or how the steel feels compared to that other knife with the same steel and holy crap is that burr???!!!

Sometimes, I just use my knives to cut and enjoy them.

:)

Sometimes I'm not hyper tuned to how my knife is performing or thinking about how many cuts since the last sharpening or what that sharpening was or if I used other knives since I last used this one and if so, how many times and how did they perform and how good is the food release or how the steel feels compared to that other knife with the same steel and holy crap is that burr???!!!

😱

This is the original Unpopular Opinions thread, with the content of the Unpopular Opinions II. The last few pages of the closed OP were moved to the EdThompson thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Unpopular Opinion. And thanks to @sansho for this idea.

Last edited:

I’m with you on this on. Mostly because I own very few knives and almost always finish my knives the same way on stones… so 🤷‍♂️

Girl Scout Thin Mints are the best cookie ever!

This year, once again, the package is smaller but the price is higher to make up for it.

$20 worth in the freezer. Weekend ration.
Everybody knows that Samoas are the best Girl Scout cookie. Also in the freezer.

I switched about 6 months ago to a hasegawa that fits in my dishwasher. I regret nothing.
Exactly. It’s light, easy to keep food where it needs to be, has a lovely muted sound to it and it’s dishwashing safe.
When it gets too hairy, just bleach it and it’s as good as new.

You can serve your tapas on wooden boards.

Attachments

• IMG_9853.jpeg
    IMG_9853.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
Back