• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Shoubu Suita - big, easy-to-use semi-mirror brick

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have too many stones that do similar things, selling some repeats to fund other expensive purchases.

A very big, easy-to-use semi-mirror stone. brightens up the core very well. Decent hardness with great sliding feel with no resistance. overall, not as fast as your top speed renge suitas, but decent speed and very easy to use & gets reliable results.
  • Size: 252x85x40 (corrected)
  • Weight: 1910g
  • Finess: 9-10k grit-ish,
  • Hardness: 4.2-ish w/ good self-slurry, good for both polishing and edge, knives and tools.
  • Speed: 4
  • Effect: semi-mirror
  • The golden lines are only aesthetic, not toxic at all.
  • Slightly more acidic than normal renge, but spraying water mixed with baking soda will take care of it. all renge are acidic. I'd recommend doing this for JNAT polishing in general to prevent rust

Selling for $1450: Purchased for $1750 all in from Jonathan @lacasadetoishi. DM if you want to talk prices. I don’t claim to offer the same level of sourcing, vetting, and consultancy service as Jonathan, so I lowered the price significantly.

Logistics
  • In your DM, please share everything you wanted to ascertain before purchasing. Helps both parties save some time from going back and forth
  • Payment via PayPal / venmo / bank transfer are all fine.
  • Shipping out of Beijing arrives in most countries in a week, occasionally takes a few more days at the customs. I will share tracking for both legs.
  • I've done quite a few transactions here, and my counterparties can back me up.

[Pls DM for more video & photo demos. More to be updated here]

Last edited:
Back