Sharpening filet knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou

Reaction score
Any tricks or tips on sharpening this
I’m finding it difficult
I’m using a Shapton glass 500 so far

Attachments

• IMG_5927.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
To address flexibility and still get pressure on the edge, put 4 fingers (little to index fingers) on the top side of the blade. This will help keep the blade straight, and also increase downward pressure on the stone. Go higher pressure and fewer strokes on stainless, and do the knife in 2 sections adjusting fingers to keep the edge straight....works for me anyway.
But, for stainless + flex of a fillet, a Ken Onion Worksharp is faster and the best for me.
North Arm in Magnacut:

north arm.jpeg

To address flexibility and still get pressure on the edge, put 4 fingers (little to index fingers) on the top side of the blade. This will help keep the blade straight, and also increase downward pressure on the stone. Go higher pressure and fewer strokes on stainless, and do the knife in 2 sections adjusting fingers to keep the edge straight....works for me anyway.
But, for stainless + flex of a fillet, a Ken Onion Worksharp is faster and the best for me.
North Arm in Magnacut:

View attachment 319024
Ok thx
I do have a worksharp, not Ken onion I believe, so,I’ll give that a try

North Arm in Magnacut:

View attachment 319024

Mother of Pearl…… what does that cost?

What are you struggling with?
I've always sharpened them the same way you do all other knives.
The curvy tips are annoying, but I find those annoying to sharpen regardless of whether something is flexy or not...

Back