• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shapton Pro & Glass, Naniwa Pro & Chosera, Morihei, King Stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tler

Reaction score
Selling off some synthetics that I don't need. most of the shaptons are from a recent auction purchase where I wanted some of the stones, but had to buy all of them to get them. Of course, two days after my purchase a BST listing went up for the exact stones I was after. Anywho, I've decided to group these into 3 separate "sets" to be purchased. Some of the stones have imperfections that I will note below. The number in the parentheses is the thickness of each stone. price includes shipping and fees CONUS

please see the first photo to see the stone swap that occurred from the sale of set "B"

SOLD Top row aka set "A" $140
king 300 (33mm), shapton pro 320 (16), naniwa pro 2000 (20), morihei hishiboshi 8000 (25.3)
notes: all of these stones are lightly used.

SOLD Middle row aka set "B" $140
shapton pro 320 (15.3mm), shapton pro 1500 (15.6), shapton pro 2000 (new), naniwa chosera 5000 (24)
notes: the sp 2k appears to be brand new. I opened it to make sure it arrived to me undamaged and packaged it back up after seeing that it looked unused.
chosera 5000 has the common chosera cracking and a slightly shaved corner. The cracking has been there from when I first purchased it (I'm the second owner) and it hasn't gotten any worse or affected its use in the two years I've had it. When I use the chosera 5k, I notice it is thirstier / I have to splash it more than any other chosera I've owned probably because of the cracks. Nonetheless, I let it air dry after use and everything works as it should.

Bottom row aka set "C" $110
shapton pro 320 (15.5), shapton glass 500 (11mm with 5mm of glass), glass 1000 (11.4), glass 8000 (11.4)
notes: all stones in set "C" have imperfections, none of which should truly affect sharpening. the sp 320 has a bit missing from the corner, the glass 500 had a small chip in the corner that I rounded out, the glass 1000 has a couple of fine cracks (can't be felt), and the glass 8000 has some chips at the corner. please take a look at the photos showing the issues.
IMG_1206.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1211.JPG
    IMG_1211.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1209.JPG