Recipes from manufacturers Websites.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One great source for recipes is from the websites of manufacturers of food products.

Examples:
Red Boat Fish Sauce
Steen's Syrup
Calrice (Calrose)
Tabasco
Hormel
Kikkoman
Sriraja Panich

A pointer about Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Japanese brewed Kikkoman tastes better than the US brewed version. The reason is the Japanese brewed version uses alcohol for its preservative, the US version uses Sodium Benzoate. You can get the Japanese version from Amazon.

Last edited:
A pointer about Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Japanese brewed Kikkoman tastes better than the US brewed version. The reason is the Japanese brewed version uses alcohol for its preservative, the US version uses Sodium Benzoate. You can get the Japanese version from Amazon.
Interesting! How do I tell them apart? I have no idea which version we get in Australia. Will check the bottle once I get home.

I always thought one of the most pointless jobs in the world would be 'recipe writer for cooking appliance manuals'. Did anyone here...ever... cook ANYTHING based on a recipe in their oven manual?
Not me. The recipes from the food product sites are very good. They want the highlight their products so they make sure they are good.
I once made the coffee cake from the recipe on a box of Bisquick.

It was a salty horror.

https://www.food.com/amp/recipe/bisquick-coffee-cake-98934
This should make up for the Bisquick disaster.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes

Not me. The recipes from the food product sites are very good. They want the highlight their products so they make sure they are good.

This should make up for the Bisquick disaster.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes
carrots!?

1712885962403.gif

I always thought one of the most pointless jobs in the world would be 'recipe writer for cooking appliance manuals'. Did anyone here...ever... cook ANYTHING based on a recipe in their oven manual?
I made two of the recipes from the cookbook that came with my Miele oven. One was a roast, the other one was a cake. Both were sort of ho-hum. Not terrible, but not particularly good either.

I also made a "recipe" for spiced cider with rum from a recipe book that came with our Sharp microwave. Exactly once, because it wasn't that interesting, really. (From memory, cider, cinnamon, cloves and sugar, a bit of butter, and a dash of rum.) You can make this in a microwave, of course, but making it in a pot works just as well. But that microwave is still with us. It is now approximately 36 years old and still working as well as on day one.

Last edited:
King Arthur's name has come up before. I think they also have some pretty decent YT content?

You did scroll down didn't you? :D They have pastry recipes for everything. According to artisan bread makers King Arthur Flour is all they will use.
nooo I did not. I ran in gibbering terror from the Cerberus at the gate. Perhaps tonight, with a quart o’courage in me, I might make a run past the frightful warden.

(edit: rescued “courage” from the spell chicken)

Last edited:
If you get a can of Campbell's condensed cream of anything soup and follow that recipe and don't like it, then you need to re-wire your comfort food receptors.
But if you're following those recipes on a weekly basis, then you better be drinking water by the gallon jug to make up for it.

If you get a can of Campbell's condensed cream of anything soup and follow that recipe and don't like it, then you need to re-wire your comfort food receptors.
But if you're following those recipes on a weekly basis, then you better be drinking water by the gallon jug to make up for it.
their Cream of Mammal is bangin.

These exist, but I've never spotted them in the wild. Mammal on the left.
1712960772154.png

Back