• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Rader Slicer with leather saya (300mm)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincaed

(____((__________()~~~
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life is full of hard choices, and well, this is one of mine. Funding a family trip and transitioning from a meat to vegetable diet, so, well, here we go.

$1600 shipped CONUS, which is under purchase price.
- Comes with a leather saya. It was not up to Rader's spec when he got it from a third party, and passed it to me for free. I'm doing the same.
- This makes it a viable option for going to work in a knife roll. Ready to travel.

I've owned it for ~4-5 years, never sharpened, and it's still quite sharp. It probably wants for a 5-8k touch up to get it back to top notch. I'll let the new owner decide. It takes an astonishing edge.

Has an exhibition grade tiger-eye koa handle with deep chatoyance. Ladder-back handle that Rader is either no longer doing, or doing less these days.

This was my favorite knife for beef jerky prep - the long blade and thin edge are exceptional for long single draw cuts across grain. I can get through a whole chuck or brisket with ease.

KnifemakerTypeSteelConstructionHandleSayaLength (mm)Height (mm)Thick @ heel (mm)Weight (g)Length (in)
RaderSlicer52100MonosteelKoaLeather295452.522711.6

Feel free to ask questions, happy to answer publicly or privately.

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg
IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6141.JPG
IMG_6143.jpg

Back