NEW GIVEAWAY - TRUST ME, YOU WANT TO BE IN THIS ONE

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejd53

Reaction score
I have been a member for almost a year and a half and have learned a huge amount from the kindness of the other members. So, today, I would like to pay them back by running a giveaway contest in conjunction with Randy Haas. We will be giving away a custom HHH 270 Damascus Gyuto with a handle of pure white pre-ban elephant ivory with jet black ebony bolsters. It measures 267 mm on the edge, 395 mm OAL, 52 mm tall and 2.75 mm above the heel tapering to .83 mm an inch behind the tip with a very nice distal taper. It is also very thin behind the edge as you can see from the heel shot that is on his forum (guesses on the knife’s identity from this shot have been: scalpel paring, petty and utility). When we first saw it finished, we named it the only thing that came to mind…the Tuxedo Gyuto. Trust me folks, I love this knife and came very close to buying it for myself, but a 270 is too much for my home kitchen. Despite that, there is a part of me that still wants it, and I can guarantee that you will love this knife!!

When I first came to Randy to commission a knife for this contest, I was planning on buying it myself, but Randy instantly volunteered to split the cost with me, which is exactly the attitude that made me want to do this in the first place. This board rocks!! Randy, as always, has been very generous with his time and expertise and I can’t tell you how many emails and phone calls have gone back and forth between us. I think the most important thing to come out of this for me is that I now consider him a friend, which is worth more than any knife (even a $32,000 Kramer, lol). The contest will run in a similar fashion to the Anniversary giveaways. Members will sign up on this thread and their post number will be their entry number. I will use a random number generator to produce a random sequence and the winner will be the first number on the list. Because we assume there will be a lot of interest, there will be an extended amount of time for sign-up (two weeks). We don't want anybody to miss the chance for this just because they were away from the keyboard for a few days.

Here are the rules:

1. Post within this thread that you're in and then you're in.

2. Your post number will be your entry number (only one entry/post per member allowed; if you have more than one only the first one counts.)

3. You must be a member prior to today (4/24/2013) to be eligible. All members at any level including vendors and mods are eligible.

4. The winning # will be selected on 5/8/2013. This thread will be closed down at 8:00 pm DST (2000 hrs USA DST) & the drawing done by 9:00pm DST (2100 hrs USA DST); any entries after 8:00 pm will not be included.

5. A random number generator will be used to select the winners. I will generate a random sequence of the post numbers, and the winner will be the first number to come up.

So, let’s get on with it; without further ado, I present to you THE TUXEDO GYUTO:

TuxedoGyutoandSaex0591280x853.jpg

TuxedoGyutoandSaex0511280x853.jpg

TuxedoGyutoandSaex0541280x853.jpg

TuxedoGyutoandSaex0421280x853.jpg

For a complete slideshow, go to the link below:
http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/HHHKnives/slideshow/Tuxedo Gyuto KKF with Edward Debrayn

I'm definitely in - beautiful work Randy - as usual.

Wow thanks so much for doing this! Amazing generosity all around. I'm in!

Holy wow I can't believe this. Such a great looking knife Randy, you and Jr. have really put some excellent work in this.

Oh ya I'm in.

Back