• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Morihei Hishiboshi 9k Karasu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmoves92

Reaction score
Hello!

Does anyone have a Morihei Hishiboshi 9k Karasu that they are trying to get rid of? I am in the US (WA), so CONUS or Canada would probably be ideal.

Thanks!

One and only bump before I buy from a retailer

I was planning to get mine for straight razors. After using it i am really disappointed. My Naniwa Snow White 8k and my 8k Fuji seem to be outperforming the 12K stone. The naniwa stone (Junpaku Snow White) is much denser, and the feedback is just as nice. The Morihei 12k is really muddy and soft. How they rated this as a 12k stone is a bit strange.

Last edited:
My Naniwa Snow White 8k and my 8k Fuji
That's not related to the topic, but since you're talking about the two stones, I have to ask...

How do the Snowwhite and the Fuji compare directly? Feeling, speed and how is the sharpness and the bite left by the two stones?

The Snowwhite is known to create an edge with bite, what about the Fuji?

That's not related to the topic, but since you're talking about the two stones, I have to ask...

How do the Snowwhite and the Fuji compare directly? Feeling, speed and how is the sharpness and the bite left by the two stones?

The Snowwhite is known to create an edge with bite, what about the Fuji?
The fuji is softer and maybe a little slower, but i think it is closer to a 10k stone. There is less bite in the edge from the fuji. I got the Snow white because i did not like the feedback from the Fuji. I like harder stones. The snow white is the best 8k stone i have used. It is also hard enough to be used with my Koma Nagura.

The fuji is softer and maybe a little slower, but i think it is closer to a 10k stone. There is less bite in the edge from the fuji. I got the Snow white because i did not like the feedback from the Fuji. I like harder stones. The snow white is the best 8k stone i have used. It is also hard enough to be used with my Koma Nagura.
Thanks 👍

Back