• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Migoto W1 240 Nakagawa x Kawakita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For Sale: Migoto White #1 240mm Gyuto Nakagawa x Kawakita (recent batch, new profile)

Specs:
230x52 214g

This is a really nice. I've been on a bit of a buying spree trying stuff out, and I am reluctantly letting this go. Given the love this knife receives it was an itch I had to scratch. I have used the knife only a few times and it has started to form a pretty nice patina which you can tell by the pictures. Factory edge. This knife was $422 with $50 for shipping, all in at $460 also open to trades based on what's listed below

Selling: $425 shipped CONUS

Possible trades: let me know what you've got, not super interested in a trade but could be persuaded if something different

IMG_2062.jpeg
IMG_2063.jpeg
IMG_2067.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg

Last edited:
There’s a bit more going on with the geometry closer to the edge. The right edge is certainly convex but the other side has almost a subtle hollow or s grind to it. I think this might lend it some of its amazingly smooth cutting performance.

Convex:

IMG_5902.jpeg

S grind? Hollow?

IMG_5901.jpeg

There’s a bit more going on with the geometry closer to the edge. The right edge is certainly convex but the other side has almost a subtle hollow or s grind to it. I think this might lend it some of its amazingly smooth cutting performance.

Convex:

View attachment 303900

S grind? Hollow?

View attachment 303901
I just got a Takada and its like this. Hollow/almost flat on the left side and starts to convex at the middle/front third of the blade. Unfortunately I’m a lefty

I just got a Takada and its like this. Hollow/almost flat on the left side and starts to convex at the middle/front third of the blade. Unfortunately I’m a lefty
I feel you. I'm left handed but for some reason have always used in my right hand for cutting? I lucked out on knives but know what it's like living as a lefty in a righty world.

Back