• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Looking for a 225 Stainless gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We bought my son a 225 Martell stainless gyuto when he graduated from college, so that would be my preference for my daughter. I don't think Dave made many that size so I am open to others in that same price range which I think was around 400. Marko or Devin Thomas ITK would also be great. She would prefer a WA non laser:). She went in state so I could go higher if you have something special.

Thanks!

Zakharov (Ukraine) makes nice stainless knives for probably around 250$ if that.
Got one and am pretty happy with the outcome.
Or get a custom from Matt Sicard. Lots of steels and grinds to choose from.
MSicard

There still is a Martell knife floating here in BST but it is 52100 if i remember correctly and thus not stainless.

Last edited:
Devin did 10 knives, AEBL, 225mm as part of his ITK series. I have one and it's a favorite. 9 more out there.

Marko will do one.

Ha, I have one of the 225 ITK and did not know or forgot he made only 10. I love my daughter, but graduating from college does not get you a DT, even if it's "only" an ITK:).
I'm in touch with Marko and got a quick response, but nothing thereafter, but it has only been a week, so I have not given up all hope.

Back