Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have... questions about this one. Has Modern Cooking been sitting on this one since like September of 2023? Milan posted about it:

Also, in that post Milan measured it at 225mm... has it magically lost a cm of length? Or is that measurement possibly wrong either on MC's or Milan's end?

Darn keen memory you have! Based on the location in the void in the wrought on the left hand side between the MC and Milan's photos I bet it required alteration prior to sale and is now shorter. Maybe a shipping mishap or such. Regardless, the blade as it stands now seems absolutely impeccably done and will be stunning brand new gyuto for the eventual owner.

I have... questions about this one. Has Modern Cooking been sitting on this one since like September of 2023? Milan posted about it:

Also, in that post Milan measured it at 225mm... has it magically lost a cm of length? Or is that measurement possibly wrong either on MC's or Milan's end?

Look at these markings on the left side close to the tip. Top is original and bottom is current pic from Modern Cooking. It looks like they moved closer to the tip. Just speculation on my part, but it seems likely it got damaged in shipment and had to be sent back for repair.

Screenshot_2024-05-07-07-18-49-99_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
Screenshot_2024-05-07-07-18-02-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Look at these markings on the left side close to the tip. Top is original and bottom is current pic from Modern Cooking. It looks like they moved closer to the tip. Just speculation on my part, but it seems likely it got damaged in shipment and had to be sent back for repair.

View attachment 319982View attachment 319983
Just had a quick chat with Milan, who confirms that he had to repair the tip after some sort of shipment issue. Peter of MC will update the description soon.

I was wondering about what had happened to this knife too after how long it had been since Milan first posted it. Looks like the length in the two descriptions went from 225 in Milans to 215 in MC's. Seems to be a beautiful knife and the only wa integral I've seen from Milan that I can remember. I love my 215 from Milan. I'm sure whoever buys it will be very happy with their purchase

Not up on the website yet…tell Zach and Tony to get cracking!
I think I got the last one 😶 I emailed yesterday, called today, went there at lunch. He will save some for the showroom that he won't post on the website. I guess so people are incentivized to come on in? But now they've gotten too busy and they're having to dial back the hours some to be able to get orders met. Not a bad problem to have. Zach showed me the one he got, it was the beefiest of the bunch and you could feel it in hand. I am extremely pumped. I am going to start picking out the woods for my handle as soon as I get home.

I think I got the last one 😶 I emailed yesterday, called today, went there at lunch. He will save some for the showroom that he won't post on the website. I guess so people are incentivized to come on in? But now they've gotten too busy and they're having to dial back the hours some to be able to get orders met. Not a bad problem to have. Zach showed me the one he got, it was the beefiest of the bunch and you could feel it in hand. I am extremely pumped. I am going to start picking out the woods for my handle as soon as I get home.
Bummer.

Last edited:
Back