Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh does he not sell to Canadians? I see no option for Canada when registering/entering shipping address.

Was wondering why he had stopped the monthly newsletter releases for a few months. Must've been working on this. Awesome to see how quickly most of them went. Looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts on the knives

Well, CKTG charges ~$13 shipping so its really like $23 difference, but even still I agree with you. the better handle is still worth it. I figured I'd post the link for the truly frugal and/or those who don't care about aesthetics. Though I'm a push cutter and appreciate a flatter profile generally speaking but hadnt made that observation yet....good to know.

My Shindo rehandle journey was a whole thing... some day I'll make a post about it. I will say the stock crap handle leaves the Funayuki perfectly balanced, where I struggled getting the balance right with a custom handle.
Redundant post deleted.

Yet again, I couldn’t resist…wish it was longer though. 225mm is kinda too short…

225mm is too short? Are you some sort of fruit ninja?

IMG_3122.gif

The enjin gyuto appears to have a more curved belly than his normal line.

Though I'm a push cutter and appreciate a flatter profile generally speaking but hadnt made that observation yet....good to know.

mmmmm not so sure about that. Someone with his stock handle gyuto chime in but here is a rehandled enjin, it's older so maybe he's changing profiles a bit as he evolves but it's taller than a lot of others I see. 220x52 mm.

He upswept the heel so it's not a hard thunk but the flattish effective sweet spot on this one is quite large. It ain't pretty but it's my favorite-feeling small gyuto

20230119_065057.jpg

20230119_065029.jpg

20230519_234641.jpg

Last edited:
Back