Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kagekiyo Meijiko raffle

Wonder what this presumably 100 year old+ Meiji-era steel might be like.

Also interesting (and to quote the final rule of entry):
"If the recipient of the knife intends to resell this knife, by entering this drawing, the recipient agrees to not resell this knife for any value greater than the price paid at the time of purchase. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in that customer no longer being eligible to shop with Japanese Knife Imports."

"If the recipient of the knife intends to resell this knife, by entering this drawing, the recipient agrees to not resell this knife for any value greater than the price paid at the time of purchase. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in that customer no longer being eligible to shop with Japanese Knife Imports."
I appreciate the sorta anti flipper clause. The price is already quite high (more if you add in CA sales tax), so I wonder what the market would even look like for resale of something like this.

good for Jon and well within his rights as a retailer.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post but I’ve had a hard time finding a Belgian blue/yellow Coticule whetstone combo. I just found a website that has free shipping and has a 12% Labor Day discount. They have a combo with separate blue and yellow stones 6” x 2”, I got it for $158 which I think is a good deal. The website is best sharpening stones.com. I don’t know the quality of the stone or the trustworthiness of the website but I thought others might be interested.

Both were gorgeous really good feel to them, had the pleasure of checking them out in person at JKI earlier in the week. Envious of the lucky new owners. Dig the no flip rule.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post but I’ve had a hard time finding a Belgian blue/yellow Coticule whetstone combo. I just found a website that has free shipping and has a 12% Labor Day discount. They have a combo with separate blue and yellow stones 6” x 2”, I got it for $158 which I think is a good deal. The website is best sharpening stones.com. I don’t know the quality of the stone or the trustworthiness of the website but I thought others might be interested.
Looks like the same photo from Adennes-Coticule: Coticule Selected | Ardennes-Coticule

Actually looks like the same handles CC used in the past (not that they're bad). They skipped the walnut ones.
Although arguably a Maz is forward heavy enough that it's one of those knives that might be better served with a heavier handle like ebony.

Actually looks like the same handles CC used in the past (not that they're bad). They skipped the walnut ones.
Although arguably a Maz is forward heavy enough that it's one of those knives that might be better served with a heavier handle like ebony.
Maybe on the 245, my 220 is perfectly balanced at pinch grip it's the hated handle with walnut ferrule (which I like a lot, much nicer in person, on the big side). Cleancut handles should be lighter though

Back