Guirec Peron Honyaki US Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guirec Péron

Reaction score
Hy everyone!
It's has been a while since my last passaround.
From the great feed back I recived I went back to work to improve my process for a time.
And that's it. I'm ready to propose a new tour for one of my knife. As the first trip was ownly in Europe I decided to dedicate this one to USA.
If many european (or else) want to join I will make a new one after.

The knife is a 239 Honyaki Gyuto. Full mirror polish and slow convex grind.
Here are the specifications:

Fast oil quench
Blade steel 135cr3 (W2)
Walnut and french juniperwood handle
Blade Length 239mm
Height at heel 54mm
Thickness 3,5 to 0,8mm at 20mm from tip (more or less)
Weight 229gr

The price of the knife is 635€ so make sure you have the money if any problem happen...
Each person can keep the blade for around a week, use it, clean it and sharpen it for the next one.
Here is a picture of the boy:
IMG_2954.JPG

Have a nice day!

Salut Guirec,
since I tested your last knife and it would be interesting how your style developed I would like to join should you do one for European members.

P.S. one of the few regrets is not buying your first Honyaki you sold via IG. Loved the hamon, taper, grind looked good as well as the more fluent profile.

Salut Guirec,
since I tested your last knife and it would be interesting how your style developed I would like to join should you do one for European members.

P.S. one of the few regrets is not buying your first Honyaki you sold via IG. Loved the hamon, taper, grind looked good as well as the more fluent profile.
Hy, I'm gonna wait until I see for US now but in a few time ouf course...
Year this gyuto was great...
Have a nice day

Hy everyone! So cool so many of you responded!
Let's make a sump up of people interested:

Homechef

fortheloveofmoar

Justinv

VincenteFox

superworrier

Luminaire

Vertigo

Delat

brimmergj

pcs-abc

Hockey3081

More_Gyutos

Gshep91

Mikeadunne

cjmeik

mrmoves92

ethompson

I made the running order by who responded first... So in my list the last shall be the first to have the knife...
I'll need the adress of ethompson to start. I programm the shipping during the begenning of the next month.
Can't wait to have your feed back! Thanks for supporting this trip.
Do not hesitate to mention if I forgot someone...

Ill definitely be in the area, but my twins' birthday is the 12th so personal availability will depend in birthday plans, which are not set in stone yet, and who is in town with us.

Hy erveyone,

That's it I'm ready for shipping on this passaround.
I have to appologies for the delay. Looking at the knife I'm about to send I realized it was'nt showing the entire diversity of my work, espeacially with hamons and geometry. So I decided to make an additionnal smaller gyuto with different hamon and geometry and to join it to the passaround...
I do not show pictures of it so it shall make a little surprise...
Can't wait to read your comments!
Guirec.

Back