• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD FS CARBON STEEL CHEF 240MM X 50MM

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have gotten this one ready for service. This is a full size all-around chef knife.
The bevel geometry is designed to perform majority of food prep tasks.
The spine thickness at heel allows for a "workhorse" like heft to it.
The convexed bevels minimize food sticking while still retaining plenty of "slicey-ness"
The distal taper allows for fine tip performance. Care must be taken to keep the tip intact.

I think a serious professional who loves carbon steel will love this knife. It is quite similar geometry to the famed Masamoto KS.
An astute home chef will also enjoy this knife very much. The handle is burned in with hot glue for removal/replacement down the road.

.14" thick by 9.5" x 2" blade
Masur Birch Wa handle
Burned in handle (removable)

26C3 Swedish Steel - water quenched with a 300 deg. F temper (3x) approx. RC64-65 hardness.

The bevel geometry is convex with hollow ground fullers on each side. Full distal taper.
Chamfered spine and choil.

The blade has a belt finish and forced patina.

Asking $400 Shipped CONUS. Please message me for additional details or intent to purchase.

Thank you for your consideration.

XEPOwRG.jpg
C5hbJCR.jpg
unOhrrB.jpg
sM8DkKx.jpg
9nNlkyd.jpg

Last edited:
requested choil shot! I will chamfer the choil , i guess i havnt done that yet :/ , also note knife not sharpened yet. what you see there is about .015" behind the edge, this quickly tapers down to just under .010" behind the edge. I dont like to leave the heel or tip at tinfoil thickness. too fragile
yzyZ5JN.jpg

That masur birch is gorgeous, and it plays with the forced patina so nicely. Looks like a nice combination of high hardness, food release at the heel and a thin tip. I bet whoever grabs this will love it 👍

Back