Free CCK cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait. Didn't this PIF start as a way to get some tools to kids in school, or guys in the kitchen rocking plasti-handles and such? When did it turn into a lottery for guys with thousand dollar kits?

What about an auction , procedes to a pet project ?

Wait. Didn't this PIF start as a way to get some tools to kids in school, or guys in the kitchen rocking plasti-handles and such? When did it turn into a lottery for guys with thousand dollar kits?

Emphatic +1

Home cooks shouldn't be abusing this just because they fancy a new knife to tinker with, either.

Just my opinion, of course.

No worries guys. I definitely factor this in to the placement process. Sometimes I won't have enough interest in something and it ends up going to a home cook, but most are intended for needy chefs.
Guys don't forget about the mission of PIF.

You can remove my name then, as I'm just a home cook.

Sorry... I didn't know about the PIF mission.

Please remove my name too.

ya, im just a home chef and there are certainly people who need stuff more than I do. While I certainly am far from a thousand dollar kit, i don't want my "want" for a cleaver to outweigh the "need" of others out there, esp those in the industry.

wow they do look too pretty for a cleaver, handles look crazy

Yeah ... I'm just a home cook too. Sorry about that, the special purpose of this forum section is not necessarily obvious to new members! :dontknow:

I'll let this go until this weekend. Will pull a name on Sunday. Thanks for being honest guys.

I just joined so I'm not really clued in on everything here, but where was it listed that this or any other pif is intended for struggling line chefs? I read the sticky and every post in this thread and saw no mention of it. For the record, I have no interest in signing up for pifs, I was just wondering if there's an unwritten rule, that's well... unwritten.

A update in the first cleaver -

It took a while for it to catch on. All the cooks were intimidated by it. Finally my cook who does all the ragus and soup etc tried it for a day and fell in love with it. He even asked me to show him how to sharpen and take care of it properly. He has been cooking for twenty plus years and this is the first time he has gone beyond house knives. I know he will be using it for the rest of his career. Another KKF PIF WIN. I told my guy that I would say thank you for him. Thanks Chris and KKF!

Good to see it went to a great cause, MASSIVE thanks Chris, and the crew here too :)

Back