Free CCK cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
I got this big boy #3 CCK as a donation from pitonboy a while ago. I'm not sure of the specs, and can measure if needed. I'm also not sure of the handle material. I know the ferrule is teak and the spacer is red dyed maple.
DSC_0130_zps213aec4f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0097_zps1d77e80e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0092_zps51ab8666.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks!

Jesus, that looks great! Nice taper on the handle. I don't like anyone enough to want to give them that one. :clown:

I do need a squash destroyer for my guys. Would this be good for that?

Sweet! If she is still available I'll love to give her a good home.

Jesus, that looks great! Nice taper on the handle. I don't like anyone enough to want to give them that one. :clown:

I do need a squash destroyer for my guys. Would this be good for that?

Looks like mine (except the handle is nicer) and it is pretty awesome on large root veggies.

If the purpose of this thread is to provide needy line and home with knives, then there are better places for this knife to go. But if the intent is to find loving homes for neglected knives, I can provide that and then some.

I think about rehandled CCK's every single day. I've had a cleaver-shaped vegetable knife from Thailand for some time. The metal is deplorable, but I love the shape and want to try a real cleaver. If this lovely CCK chooses me, I wi paring for every single food item I prepare for the remainder of this year.

One of my junior chefs is in need of a cleaver, I'm slowly converting my crew into cleaver users.
I bought him a no name Chinese cleaver but its a horrible stainless that seems like its made from a stainless bench.

Will donate a knife of mine to PIF in return
Will pay all shipping etc.

Thats a big b***H! id love to get my hands on a REAL cleaver, one of these days..

I've gotten so many PM's for this knife, I'm probably going to have to go to the 'ol random number generator route.
shaneg, it will probably cost more to ship this knife to NZ than it would be new!, but you're in anyway!
Thanks everyone, I'll figure it out tomorrow.

OK the winner of the random # generator drawing is............................................
.............................Chuckles!

Chef Chuckles please PM me your address.

However, to those that did not win: I am about to receive another CCK in the next couple of days. I'm not sure if it's the same specs as this one, but I'll do the same # generator thing with all you guy's names as soon as it's done.
Thanks for all the interest.

If possible I would throw my name in, a buddy of mine is starting out and think he could probably use this as most of his set is older hand me downs.

throw my name in too my friend, plently of needy cooks in my life.

Got a CCK 1303 from greasedbullet a while ago. He made the handle, it just needed a little love. Not sure what the wood is, maybe Mr. Michael Miller can chime in......
.....anyway, I've got to go back through my old PM's and see who all has dibs on this. Feel free to throw your name in the hat too and I'll do the all seeing, all knowing, omnipotent random number generator after this weekend.

This one is considerably smaller than the 1st one. This is more likely an average size one.
DSC_0167_zpsf19d9096.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Damn, I'm late to the party on this one, still need to get a cleaver lol. Great stuff knerd, you continue to amaze :)

Cheers

I just saw the second cleaver up there, so I'll throw my name in if possible. I have a big heavy 15 dollar cleaver which is working, but let's just say it's a few good whacks away from falling apart, but for 15 bucks I couldn't expect much lol.

Throw my name in the hat please and thank you! I need a cleaver.

I would love a shot at this looking at them and trying to convince the boss lady I need one...

Definitly interested in trying a CCK cleaver! I'm in!

I was just looking at Chan Chi Kee website, thinking I should really try one of these ... put my name in the hat good sir!

Yep it is marblwood and bloodwood. Also my first attempt at a wa-style handle.

Please throw my name in the hat for this one! Been wanting a quality Chinese cleaver

Id like to put my name in for this as well if I may.
Does winner pay freight?

Back