First Post

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koop

Reaction score
I'm Mike, my wife and I are full-time RVers - we sold our house and everything in it and hit the road in our 40-foot motorhome 8 years ago. My wife, Donna, is a great cook. She obviously works with limited space. I like to grill and smoke meats. I've had a set of J.A. Henckels knives for years. A couple of years ago I bought my wife a Spyderco Santoku - I think it's made by Masahiro-Sointu. I've collected Spyderco folders for a while, but that Santoku purchase set the stage. For Christmas I bought my wife a small set of Global knives. That opened Pandora's box. I've been reading about Japanese cutlery since then and ordered a set of water stones and more knives!

Welcome.

What do you do for cutting boards in that limited space? A good one will help keep any knife sharp longer.

Thanks. We have an assortment of wood and plastic cutting boards - the largest is 14" x 20". We're careful about how we chop and slice and try not to bang the blade into the board.

Back