Damascus 240mm gyuto passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHH Knives

Reaction score
Hi, I’m Randy’s youngest son Hunter, he’s been teaching me how to make knives the last few months and I’ve made one I’m really proud of and wanted to get hands on input for to help me improve as a knife maker! With that aside, if youre interested in taking part please message me!! I would like to ask specifically people that work with knives in a professional environment. Thank you and have a nice day!

Specs: Gyuto

Western handle

Full tang

Rounded spine

Rounded choil

Convex grind on the right side of the blade

Blade length: 240mm

Full length: 375mm

Base spine thickness: 3mm

Mid spine thickness: 2.30mm

Tip spine thickness: .60mm

Edge thickness: .30mm

Heel hight: 55.90mm

Mid blade hight: 48.70mm

Tip blade hight: 19.80mm

Handle length: 127 mm

Material:

Honduran rosewood burl.

2 Copper corby bolts

Stainless mosaic pin with copper and brass accents

15 inch bar of ladder pattern Damascus forged by my brother, randy jr.

Attachments

• 74046FA6-CAA2-4985-9065-D918EFA39818.jpeg
    74046FA6-CAA2-4985-9065-D918EFA39818.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 31233141-06D9-4D07-89F9-719E8DB8D4DB.jpeg
    31233141-06D9-4D07-89F9-719E8DB8D4DB.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • A4227C13-D8F2-4897-8C6C-D09ECB62E25B.jpeg
    A4227C13-D8F2-4897-8C6C-D09ECB62E25B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Hey Guys its me Randy Sr. Just stopping in. Hunter is having fun and learning a bunch. But from now on.. Hes gona post from his own account so there is no "confusion". As the powers that be asked him to stop posting from this profile. Im sure he will conform. Although I told him to use this account to do official stuff like pass arounds etc. Sry/not sry for upsetting the cart around here.

God bless you all. I been MIA for a while and will be around from time to time moving forward. I look forward to connecting with old friends and new alike.

Blessings
Randy

Hey, to anyone interested in this pass around id like to ask you to contact this account as i had to change what account i was on per the moderator team's request, thank you for your time!

still lookin for people to join!

I’m interested if you decide to open it up to home cooks.

For the edge measurement of .3mm, how far behind the edge is that taken, and at which point along the edge (i.e. from heel to tip)? And what would be the value of the knife for insurance purposes for shipping?

As an aside, I suspect the pro-chef audience is a bit damascus-averse. You might find a more simple high-carbon would get more traction with them.

I would also love to give it a shot. I have fond memories of my first HHH so this would be really cool to try. I have refrained as I am also not a professional but if you open it up please include me.

thank you to everyone that has been interested so far, i have finished selecting people for this passaround, after this one i might do a passaround FOR home cooks! but i appreciate all the people wanting to try to the knife its really cool to see! have a a nice day.

Hunter.

Back