Custom Bidinger in the works

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I somehow managed to get on Bidingers books over a year ago and forgot about it. As some of you know a month or so ago I started trying to sell some knives because when he called me I didn't have any funds. But I didn't want to miss out on the shot. Now we're getting close. Should ship in a week or so and I just wanted to say to anyone who hasn't dealt with Dan, how amazing! It's been to work with him. He's communicated with me on pretty much a weekly basis and he's been sending pictures and videos, cut tests, etc the whole time. Here's a quick picture of that a
Screenshot_20240201-171857.png
Screenshot_20240201-171920.png
mazing front and rear taper and a side profile of the knife. Hope to have it in my hands soon and I'll share some more pics

I have two by Dan, the first one being a full Custom.
The proces was really great. Kept me up to date, asked me for configurations.
Also I really like that he tests his knives quite some. He isn't only focusing about stupid good Fit and Finish but also cares about performance and how to adjust for it.
Overall a super friendly guy as well and a great maker, one of my favourites.
I think along with Jonas Isasmedjan, one of the nicest makers I know. Also shout out to Eddie who was also great to deal with and keeps up with my nonsense.

P.s. @Matt Jacobs Looking good!

Yeah. the progress pics were a fantastic way of getting insights and increase the impatience even further... or reducing it... or both at the same time. Anyway, it was great to get picture updates!

Back